My latest 4X4.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest 4X4.

Hello everyone, I got given a Jeep last week and it needs a bit of a tidy up as you can see. Bit of a basket case my dad said.
    It's 12volt 2 wheel drive but I think my dad will convert it to 4 wheel drive when I'm older.
    We've been stripping it down for a body-off restoration (my dad's words) and making sure all the electrics are working. It's got front and rear lights which are being converted to LEDs, a horn, a winch two speed forward gears and reverse.
    The body was scrubbed clean yesterday then sprayed with plastic primer, then grey primer and then that lovely burgandy the same as my dad's truck.
    It needs a clear coat to finish but It's too cold and damp here at the moment.
    What do you think so far?
    Craig.

Hi craig, looks like your dad has done a fine job with your truck,especially getting it in the right colour

Now dont forget,when mummy and daddy say its bedtime...no complaining
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Do you fancy selling that winch, been looking for one for the surf for ages.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Nice wheels young man!!

I would have thought your dad would paint it...."Gold!!" (sorry, couldn't resist it )....looks like it could be made to look like an old LC!!!
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Jammy lil g1t!!

I would've killed for one of those when i was a kid!!

Saying that... i am still a kid! a 22 year old Adult kid...but a kid none the less!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

Saying that... i am still a kid! a 22 year old Adult kid...but a kid none the less!

Bed time then or nasty auntie stein will kiss you goodnight
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
              Bed time then or nasty auntie stein will kiss you goodnight
              You sounded normal on the phone...

I had no idea you were so sick!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                You sounded normal on the phone...

I had no idea you were so sick!

Sick SICK........... try working with lurch as long as i have
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                  Sick SICK........... try working with lurch as long as i have
                  Ahh thats true!!

Thats bound to have more affect on you then wearing pink overalls would for your sexuality..

coooeeee stien!

Comment

Whos a lucky lad then??? hope your going to keep it shiney!

Excellent work as always Vincent! you def set the standard to which the rest of us can only hope to aspire to
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

That is sooo cool. Nice one - when you goin' to get it muddy?
                      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

If he's anything like his ol'e Dad may be never ... but then again !!!!

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than five minutes !!!!
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                          If he's anything like his ol'e Dad may be never ... but then again !!!!

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than five minutes !!!!
                          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Thanks Ian.
                            I'm 'old school' like yourself, if a job is worth doing.........etc.

Friends of ours said I could have it for nothing as it wasn't working. It had been left out in all weathers for two years but a little WD40 and some cleaning of switches and contacts, sort the steering and everything is working. Even the rear suspension works well.
                            The rear lights are missing, but I've made some out of the Lexus rear light clusters I have sitting in the workshop and fitted LED bulbs. It has brake lights too. Gonna fit LED warning lights in the dash for battery on/off, lights on/off and a reverse beeper.
                            There's websites showing how to modify them too. Some people have fitted 18v and even 24v batteries for more speed!!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmO9BWe-WOE

Comment

thats well cool, cannt wait to see what toys little splasher gets when older
                              Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
                              X