Any Scout leaders or badge collectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Scout leaders or badge collectors

My dad who was a scout leader in the late 70's and 80's has got a load of scout badges that he collected over the time he was a leader.I am going to find out if the Scout Troop he was a boy scout in and then a Scout Leader if they want the badge collection.The collection has quite a few world wide scout badges aswell as some rarer ones.
    If anyone is interested in them can you let me know as if the local scout troop don't want them then i will be selling them on as i have still got my own collection from when i was in the scouts.I will get some pics in the next few days
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

That takes me back, i was in the cubs and scouts in the mid fiftys, good luck with your collection Rich
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

thanks Ian.Cause of the way dad is and we are now on borrowed time with him he would prefer someone who was in the scouts or collects scouts stuff to have the collection.If the collection does sell on here then i will make a decent donation to the forum on behalf of dad.If i never had a collection of my own then i would of had them myself
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        That takes me back, i was in the cubs and scouts in the mid fiftys, good luck with your collection Rich
        Ging gang gooly...........dib dib.........bob-a-job.

Comment

All depends what they sell for mate, if it's peanuts i'd keep em, mount em on velvet and display them on a wall, (like a picture), keep meaning to do that with my dads war medals (which btw are worth f##kall if ya want to sell, my mate sold his dads and got a measely 20 quid for em) i need to take em to the RM museum first to get the medals matched up with the correct ribons,
          have you made enquiries within the scout movement or checked ebay etc?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Ging gang gooly...........dib dib.........bob-a-job.

dib dib dib dob dob dob, the gang show,

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              dib dib dib dob dob dob, the gang show,
              I think you will find it is DYB (do your best) replied with DOB ( do our best) from the grand howl, cub scouts where the leader (arkala) would say the first and the pack would respond.
              Takes on a whole new meaning then eh?
              If only youngsters now would 'do their best'
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

cubs and scouts...every lad should be a part of the organisation, absolutely brilliant.

i wouldn't have turned out to be the fine upstanding man i am today had it not been for them.
                i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Working...
                X