A future for the truck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A future for the truck...

I'm not doing anything like as much laning as I'd like. Not really using the truck for its load carrying anymore... so the time has arrived...

... to give part ownership to Spanner Dave.

We discussed it in the pub last night. After Pyrenees, I'm going to sorn the truck and garage it in a rented garage, and either sell V's car and buy something nice for us to use as a daily driver, or keep it and buy an old banger for me to run round in. If everything goes to plan, Dave will own half of the truck, and will be responsible for half of the costs inc fuel, maintenance, mods etc.

This means we'll be able to really go to town on it, and afford to use it more. Perhaps chop the back off a'la 'stein, maybe a nice V8 a'la Vince. Who knows...

The good news is the truck will in all likelihood stay, and be used as nature intended more often, as I was starting to lose interest because of the costs.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Blimey............took you long enough to come to yournsenses mate...nice one..getting an old banger to run around in is deffo the way forward
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      Blimey............took you long enough to come to yournsenses mate...nice one..getting an old banger to run around in is deffo the way forward
      Here here, well said old chap!

That's why my daily driver is a sheddy old mountain bike lol

Actually, does anyone fancy a quick Saturday / Sunday blast along Crychan Forest, Soar y Mynydd and Strata anytime soon? I'm starting to get a bit crotchety (?) coz there's nothing dong in Wales at the mo.
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Nice one Andy.....

seems like a good solution that...

way to go....

oh and hey Boyo how are u long time no speak... hope u well..
        I wud love to come but I am still stuck in the Honda..... But as soon as that goes I will be on the phone with a new beast to test out...
        One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post

Actually, does anyone fancy a quick Saturday / Sunday blast along Crychan Forest, Soar y Mynydd and Strata anytime soon? I'm starting to get a bit crotchety (?) coz there's nothing dong in Wales at the mo.
          YES! YES I DO!!

A one day, no camping jobbie yes? Sounds great!

I'll be toasted in the Nags tonight, but I'll give you a bell over the weekend to see if we can sort a date out.

Comment

Oh - laning! I remember that......must check that the engine isn't spitting out too much blood still and let us know when....It will be the first real laning with 4WD!!!

And my daily driver is a not so sheddy A6 Allroad.....
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Can I come ? I will be in snowdun the bergining of may.
              I will give you a showt
              Live the dream.......

Comment

Hey guy's, so any news on a Wales weekend, a la River deep?

I'd love to get down for a weekend, and it may e my last one for quite a while.
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

yes please
                  count me in on that one pal...
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    I second that most heartily, Growler always feels better to drive at weekends after running around all week in the clio

I'd be up for this, just a shame truck is currently sorn'd and in process of front end overhaul. Maybe I could pair up with Apache and help with the fuel costs ?

Comment

Happy to have you along. Spanner Dave will almost certainly be with me, so we may be cosy, but for a day, what the hell!

Comment

andy, as you've got the veg filtering set up already, why not go after getting a bit more (easier now diesel has come down a bit) and get an old merc for a few hundred and run it on straight veg?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          Happy to have you along. Spanner Dave will almost certainly be with me, so we may be cosy, but for a day, what the hell!
                          Cheers Andy, depends on when it is sorted for as hopefully will have Growler sorted by end of month, unless somthing else goes wrong in the mean time.

Comment

im keen for a mooch, if the planets align correctly..could tie it in with a visit to the in-laws at Llandrindod Wells..

Comment

pity you guys all lane down south, been out most weekends of late,
                              having a dedicated vehicle just for offroading is the way to go
                              Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
                              X