yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A challenge- accommodation and meal in Surrey, Sussex or Kent for parents??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A challenge- accommodation and meal in Surrey, Sussex or Kent for parents??

Right slightly different question. Its my folks Golden Wedding Anniversary in a month and I’m after advice for venue for a meal and accommodation for the celebration.

We have decided that we (da kids) will scrape our cash together and buy them a meal with all of us followed by a couple of nights somewhere for the two of them.

So criteria are:

Them:
    They are both in their 70’s but very active and young for their age, love the countryside, the sea, cant stand really busy noisy places, visit stately homes, quite into history, tried a senior citizens holiday once and were horrified by the fact that ‘it was all old people there’ slightly hippy without being all tie die and new age

Venue for meal and accommodation will ideally be the same place but could be different but they must at least be fairly nearby geographically. Not a city (i.e. Brighton and not anything ‘resorty’

Accommodation:
    I’m thinking an old coaching in or smallish hotel. Not too small that you are in the owners pockets but not so big that it’s a Travelodge. Classy and feeling special but not really showy (my mum will freak if she thinks we’ve spent too much)
    Price: Up to £125 ish per night for a double room

Food:
    Good food that’s maybe a bit different that will be able to have a table for 10 easily but not so loud and busy that my dad will feel that everyone’s nearby listening in or that its too noisy to be heard (on that note, lively is cool but it would be great if we can talk as a group rather than just being able to speak to those either side of you.
    Price: Up to 40 ish a head

Overall, something quirky and a bit different would be cool but by no means essential

So…. A tall order? Just really want to do something nice that is a bit different and that they will remember.

50 ###### years and they managed to produce a son with pathological commitment phobia! So much for genetics!

Any suggestions very very gratefully received

Any use ?

http://www.bw-birchhotel.co.uk/

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Paul,try and google up tenterden...real nice place,seems to fit your criteria...its a typical kent town but close to the country...i will keep on trying to think of som others...and FFS dont bring em to eastbourne..its everything you DONT want
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Try powdermillshotel.com in Battle which is a lovely place and also near coast. The hotel is not a part of a chain and i am sure a deal could be struck, in these hard times. Also a great restaurant next to Battle Abbey called Pilgrims restaurant, 2 courses £14.95 so 3 courses can't be much more. Its very old building and i am sure they would do special menu for 10 people.
        I don't live there but if i did they are the two places i would go again.
        Pilgrims probably have web site also. paul Mcartney goes there!!
        Philip

You could pop round to my place in London and for £40.00 a head and i would put on a good 3 course meal!!
        Times are hard you know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Still Searching,
        Dick Whittington

Comment

south kent coast is flat as anything and the wind down on the marsh can be absolutely biting at times, so i'd think about staying a bit further inland. As gra suggested tenterden's a nice area only 20-25 minutes from the coast if they wanted, just tryin to think of anywhere nice i've eaten in that area....

.... there's a ###### lovely kebab van in the pub car park at northiam
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post

.... there's a ###### lovely kebab van in the pub car park at northiam
            Forgot about that.....
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              Paul,try and google up tenterden...real nice place,seems to fit your criteria...its a typical kent town but close to the country...i will keep on trying to think of som others...and FFS dont bring em to eastbourne..its everything you DONT want
              TENTERDEN!! blimey ive not been there in YEARS!! went to school not too far from there.

hi paul. my best mate is the manager of Tomas Cook in Leatherhead. he deals with this kinda thing all the time beleive it or not.
              if you want me to have a word with him i will mate.
              he will match and beat any price if you go with someone else that is a legit company.
              just a thought to ponder on mate.

Comment

make them feel a bit special try the grand hotel on brighton seafront,wont be cheap tho

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                  make them feel a bit special try the grand hotel on brighton seafront,wont be cheap tho
                  well i managed to blag my way into a hotel on new years eve in Brighton.....for free!!

hotel Madera on the beach front.

Comment

bl00dy hell you lot have been busy. thanks for the suggestions I'm looking at them now. Thanks for the suggestion BDT but I think I'll avoid Brighton only because my bro lives there so they go there quite a lot and I think something a bit idffeent to normal will be more meorable

Goodcat thanks for the offer I'll see how I do on the net and drop you a line if I need it. Cheers

Thanks all, keep 'em coming

Comment

ooh ooh ohh! take them hot air ballooning!!!
                      id love to do that.
                      its not cheap so just pay for the too of them to go up on their own.
                      a few places include things like strawberries and champagne whilst up in the air overlooking the sunset.
                      awwwww, how romantic.

Comment

Working...
                      X