Hi Fi amp - wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyLala View Post
    let me fish out what I've got... and I'll PM you...

Try to WFH on Fridays, and usually in afternoons at the weekend...
    OK mate.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Is it an A60 by any chance? Have a look on the label, if it says AMc on it, I probably calibrated it

Must have cal'd a good 500 of them!
      It is an A60.

Board - Beryl
      Finish - Mark
      Test - Mark (different one, writing is not the same)
      Cased - Lorraine
      Incase - GH (Can't make out what this said, so guessed!)
      Cal - GH
      Date - 22-1-80

Serial number is 5188

For its age, it's a brilliant amp!
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Ok just dug it out of the garage..

Whats happened is the hoover caught the front panel and broke 3 mounts (plastic). The front is attatched by 5 small screws. 3 underneath, 1 either side. The bottom 3 mounts are broke. Also the panel inlay needs sticking back in.

If you're interested I'll get it fired up and make sure it's all working fine. Was perfect last time I used it - approx 5 years ago.

Rob.
        Attached Files

Comment

I should have added - One of the side screws needs a new captive washer type thing (technical term) made. Basically approx 5mm square of thin steel with a hole to self tap into.

I'd probably just go to town with a hot glue gun tbh.
          Attached Files

Comment

Before my time then. I started there in 1984 (!)

The two Marks and Lorraine were there when I was though. Not sure who GH might be.

I had a one off very special A60 for a while. It was used by the then amp designer as a modification test bed. Has a lot of expensive caps, and some changes to circuit layout, and active bias control used on some of the more esoteric kit. Very nice indeed!

I used to spend lunchtimes in the listening room where we had lots of kit by Linn, Meridian, Nain, Pink Triangle, Mission, Nytech, Michell etc etc. They had a huge record library, and you could plug in any kit you wanted to listen to.

A fave of mine was Michell Gyrodek - Meridian amp - Mission 770s. Still one of the most dynamic, exciting speakers I've ever heard. Ahhh, happy days, and a music fan's paradise!

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
              I should have added - One of the side screws needs a new captive washer type thing (technical term) made. Basically approx 5mm square of thin steel with a hole to self tap into.

I'd probably just go to town with a hot glue gun tbh.
              Might be tempted as a wee project for myself actually (might have an old NAD for free off a mate for my lad). I love mucking around with old hifi. Takes me back

Are you open to offers? How about £30 when my PayPal account is more healthy?

Comment

Can't really do any cheaper due to the weight of the thing. As you know it's a ###### heavy little amp.

Run a Nad 3010i in the garage. Thinks thats the model no. Was the budget fave years ago..

Still running my Linn LP12. Don't think that will ever leave me..

Rob.

Comment

Working...
                X