This week I will be mostly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This week I will be mostly...

Cleaning the mud off and weeping into my hands at my lovley new paint work scratches.

I went Green laning at the weekend with a great group of guys from another forum.

I was totally outstanded at what an unmodified Surf can actually do off road in comparision to some seriously kitted out 4x4s.

I am hoping some photos of the Surf in action will get posted and i will copy them over for you guys.

Now I am really getting the off roading bug and having just walkied its MOT again with no work other than an advisory on a shock I am thinking of doing a suspension lift.

Is there an idiots guide on here about what parts I need or a write up from anybody that has done it?

Really i am looking for a fairly mild 2" suspension lift all round. I am only running 31s at the moment and the body lift approach is not going to happen as this truck is my daily.

Any advice guys would be great.

Incidently I am now down another fog light and a new aerial is on the shopping list as well.

Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Ah, you're maiing me all wistful. You're me about 9 months ago.
    I said all that.
    Meant it too.

Now I'm raised by 5 inches and running big fat 33's and I love it! and all the negative points about the lift that worried me before I took the plunge are either a) worth it or b) so small as to be unnoticable.

Re: suspension lift etc. use the search function above, theres loads and lods of write ups and general blurb around the site

Glad to hear you're enjoying it- they are great!

Comment

Honestly I had a great day. The only thing that really got me was driving down a lane that virtually put me on my side. A couple of the lifted Landys have dented roofs where they made contact with the trees down the one side of the lane.

The Surf never missed a beat all day. Never got stuck absolutely no problems at all.

I have done a quick price check on a suspension lift and all in it's about £440.

That is for oil shocks instead as gas as the guy i talked to suggested this would be better as for most of the time the truck will be my daily.

Comment

You can do it much cheaper than that.
        Havent got time to list prices but seriously have a look on the other threads.

Comment

You could do it cheaper then that with LC springs.. you wont need to change the torsion bars so drop the cost of them if its included.

What guy did you speak to?!

Assuming your talking pro comp shocks..

Was it more a case of the ES3000 will give a softer ride an would probably be more suitable!?

The ES9000 is a great shock for the money! They get manky real quick though.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
            You could do it cheaper then that with LC springs.. you wont need to change the torsion bars so drop the cost of them if its included.

What guy did you speak to?!

Assuming your talking pro comp shocks..

Was it more a case of the ES3000 will give a softer ride an would probably be more suitable!?

The ES9000 is a great shock for the money! They get manky real quick though.
            I got the price from Rough Trax. I will have a look into the other threads and see what I can find.

Comment

Working...
            X