hands free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hands free

my Pickup came with this handsfree it's for a nokia but i need to change the craddle for my model phone. before i do this does anybody know anything about it? is it any good
    cheers

Last edited by Tiger; 1 March 2009, 16:42.
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

What Nokia model do you have? Just check if bottom of phone has same connection. A lot of newer models don't have cradles for them, as Blue tooth seems to be the thing. I have a Cradle for 62301, which when i figure out how to take it out of the car, i will be selling it.
    Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Comment

the cradle is for 6230i and list a lot more. my phone is 6300.

are they any good? as i could pick up a cradle on ebay for my phone
      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

fitted to most of our trucks,they are v good if wired properly,stereo cuts out for calls etc,just mind the pins for the phone dont get bent

Comment

cheers, looks like a profesional install as it is very neat and tidy with no cables showing, i will get a cradle of ebay and see
          www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
            cheers, looks like a profesional install as it is very neat and tidy with no cables showing, i will get a cradle of ebay and see
            def worth a go,charges phone too

Comment

Cant you use your dictaphone........
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

my Pickup came with this handsfree it's for a nokia but i need to change the craddle for my model phone. before i do this does anybody know anything about it? is it any good
                cheers

erm correct me if im wrong here but its JUST a holder for your phone. when you get a call you just put it on speaker phone. providing you phone has one, which most these days do.
                its only a holder and a charger for your phone mate. its not like a proper hands free kit. just somewhere to put your phone.
                unless its somewhow been intergrated into your car speakers then thats different. but i dont think you can with thoses. they are just holders.

Comment

it's just a cradle, yes the rest of it is hard wired in my truck
                  www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

THB Bury Take and talk system, very good had one in my Land Cruiser since i've had it, had cradles for 6310i, then O2 XDA2 now a bluetooth one for my XDA Orbit. The only thing I would say against it is the cable kit that you use for running through the speakers of the audio is quite bulky (all the connectors are close together and this mad it very difficult to get my stereo back in. now I've fitted a CB in one of the DIN slots I am going to take the chance to fit an external speaker and get rid of the stereo adaptor. To be honest because of the placement of the speakers on the LC I never got very good sound out of it anyway. You certainly can't go wrong with the unit though, cradles available for pretty much most of the regular phones and a bluetooth cradle works for most of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      Cant you use your dictaphone........

i'am in a bit of trouble for using that at the min
                      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                        erm correct me if im wrong here but its JUST a holder for your phone. when you get a call you just put it on speaker phone. providing you phone has one, which most these days do.
                        its only a holder and a charger for your phone mate. its not like a proper hands free kit. just somewhere to put your phone.
                        unless its somewhow been intergrated into your car speakers then thats different. but i dont think you can with thoses. they are just holders.
                        see the little gold pins at the bottom?

Comment

it's just a cradle, yes the rest of it is hard wired in my truck
                          oh in that case cool! most times i see them, people just use them to hold their phones in a bid to look like some kinda yuppy.
                          but if you have it wired up then yeah they a handy piece of kit.
                          my hands free kit clips to the sun visor. i just press a button on it when i get in the car to turn it on...and press it again when i get out the truck to turn it off.
                          cost £100 reduced to £50 but i got it free.
                          its handy having a good mate as a carphone warehouse manager!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                            see the little gold pins at the bottom?
                            yes but if its not wired up then they are just for charging the phone only. via the ciggy lighter

Comment

I don't think you can get the kind of cradle you want, only Bluetooth cradle. I had same problem and thats why i kept my 6230i for so long as couldn't get wired up caradle for anything newer.
                              Now proud owner of Nokia N96 and have Mini Parrot, which cost me £37.95 which wasn't bad. When i get some money!!! i will get wired in Bluetooth.
                              Philip

Antone know where you can go for evening classes to learn how to use the N96 ????????????????
                              Still Searching,
                              Dick Whittington

Comment

Working...
                              X