Best EVER rock tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
    One of their songs has lyrics where the number of syllables in each line increase in line with the Fibonacci Sequence. I thought you'd like that....
    Every line?

Surely that's not possible using a true Fibonacci sequence? Line 16 (or something, can't be arsed checking) and beyound would have thousands of syllables.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Actually, he tests the magnetic capablities of expensive estate cars you know!
      Bodywork - quite
      Tyres - not at all

Saved you a day's work there Andy. You can stay at home listening to Bachman-Turner Overdrive now.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Every line?

Surely that's not possible using a true Fibonacci sequence? Line 16 (or something, can't be arsed checking) and beyound would have thousands of syllables.
        Not every, each.

Comment

Every line?

Dont encourage him, he'll only post the ferkin lyrics if you do! Look, that band with miserable gobs and stupid hair are WAAAAY to clever for us, with their flabbynacho sequences, and their terry pratchet books, and clever analysis of star trek quotes...
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Bodywork - quite
            Tyres - not at all

Saved you a day's work there Andy. You can stay at home listening to Bachman-Turner Overdrive now.
            You'd be surprised at the RF absorption capability of rubber. Just remember that next time you're in the gimp suit at a concert by those Tools you like

Comment

Not every, each.
              Each line for the whole song is every line in the song.

Lets say line 6 has 8 syllables, does line 7 therefore have 13 syllables?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                Dont encourage him, he'll only post the ferkin lyrics if you do! Look, that band with miserable gobs and stupid hair are WAAAAY to clever for us, with their flabbynacho sequences, and their terry pratchet books, and clever analysis of star trek quotes...
                I'd love to see line 20!

Comment

Each line for the whole song is every line in the song.

Lets say line 6 has 8 syllables, does line 7 therefore have 13 syllables?
                  Oh, FFS, how many of you ancient stroppy cretins are there? I feel like Jason (of Greek mythology) fighting those skeletons.

I meant each of the lines within a given part of the song. And, yes, one line could be a 'given part of a song' so it could be a truism. Well done, give yourself a gold star.

Comment

Sorry, Andy, didn't mean to call you a cretin. Albannach Andy, that is. Apache Andy is most assuredly a cretin. And I don't mean he has a thyroid condition that derives its name from one particular area of France.

Comment

This thread has had 24 replies but only five suggestions for the 'best rock tune'!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not sure how winding up someone who thinks music is good because its made by people who want to come across as 'all clever like' is 'stroppy'. I've never heard them before, but just thought I'd respond to your attack on an excellent rock band in defence of your whiners.

Go and grab a scotch. It wont cure your cold, but it might stop you being miserable.

Comment

26 now!

Comment

Sorry, Andy, didn't mean to call you a cretin. Albannach Andy, that is. Apache Andy is most assuredly a cretin. And I don't mean he has a thyroid condition that derives its name from one particular area of France.
                            Nae worries, been called much worse

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              Not sure how winding up someone who thinks music is good because its made by people who want to come across as 'all clever like' is 'stroppy'. I've never heard them before, but just thought I'd respond to your attack on an excellent rock band in defence of your whiners.

Go and grab a scotch. It wont cure your cold, but it might stop you being miserable.
                              I haven't got any booze in the house at all and my girlfriend's away so I don't even have anyone to whinge at.

Tool are a good band. I've seen them live a couple of times and they were excellent on both occasions. I don't actually like them because they come across all clever like, but I like the fact that they try new stuff out and experiment a bit. If there were still a lot of people making good music, you wouldn't even have started this thread. So, that's why I like Tool. At least they're trying to be different rather than putting the same old shit out and having it played on Radio 1.

As for Pearl Jam, like I said, they were the band that all the toss pots liked when I was at school. It's a pathological hatred thing. Having said that, Alive has got the worst lyrics ever and Eddie Vedder is a tw@t.

Comment

And to get back on topic for a moment.

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Comment

Working...
                                X