Need A Bash Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh i see lol.
    had a look on mine earlier this eve and it doesnt even have one!?
    i need a plate! arrhh

Comment

If you're not bothered about the aircon everything else is pretty high up on a surf and you're unlikely to do any damage to the steering / sump, you'll probably be sitting on the front of the chassis rails and the front diff crossmember before doing any serious damage.

If a lot of the lanes in your part of the country are a bit rockier a bash plate of some sort might not be a bad idea, or just let the tinfoil standard one do the job for a while then gauge whether it's taken heavy enough hits to warrant a heavy duty replacement or just got a few light scratches.

edit: just seen your post that says it ain't got one at all, never mind, it's not the end of the world.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

cheers for that nero.

Comment

Just to put your mind at rest, I dont do any mental 'pay & break', just laning, but mine bears some scars now. Mainly, I think, from hidden underwater rocks near the edges of the rivers on Strata Florida etc.

Keep your fingers crossed, you'll be OK
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

just been on marks sticky page and saw you bash plate Apache. it looked a lot smaller on the sticky page? have you added extra bits to the side of yours?
            also where are your indicators?
            i think ill be getting your bash plate now.

Comment

My indicators are in the sidelights. One side of the plate is my transmission cooler, t'other side is just a bit of ally sheet to cover where the old indicator was.

You dont need to remove the indicators, I was just fed up of them getting full of water.

Comment

oh i see.
                one more question mate.
                im having trouble trying to see how a winch will fit on the front with that bash plate?? is there anyway of fitting one on without getting a winch bumper?
                not too keen on a winch bumper. too heavy and bulky.

Comment

A winch wont fit with the bashplate. Haven't needed one in 5 years, dont expect I ever will

Depends what you're into. If you're gonna go to pay and play and aim to get yourself stuck, a winch might be handy. If you're going green laning, and get stuck enough to need a winch, you are probably doing damage to the trail and should have your truck crushed, IMO.

Comment

i just like to be prepared.

Comment

OK. How much laning / offroading have you done?

If not much, get out there and do loads, see what flavour you like best, then tune your mods to suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        OK. How much laning / offroading have you done?

If not much, get out there and do loads, see what flavour you like best, then tune your mods to suit.
                        at the mo pretty much simple stuff like grassy tracks and easy dirt tracks. im limited at the mo in my sirf as its a lot lower than usuall due to tiny ROAD tyres and a silly front bumper add on/body kit
                        but ive just bought another surf that can cope with most things and im looking to get into the real heavy duty off roading. upto the arches in soup and lots of steep muddy climbs etc etc

Comment

That would be pay & play then. You wont find arches deep mud and steep muddy climbs whilst greenlaning. At least nothing you can fly at and churn up without getting a mouthful of abuse from the rest of us.

If P&P is your bag, then a winch might be useful for dragging yourself up that muddy slope.

Comment

pay&play? if thats what they call it then yes. thats what i wana do.

isnt that illegal tho?

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                              pay&play? if thats what they call it then yes. thats what i wana do.

isnt that illegal tho?
                              Its not illegal in pay an play sites..

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                                Its not illegal in pay an play sites..
                                i was joking. i was refering to prostitutes

Comment

Working...
                                X