Need A Bash Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need A Bash Plate

does anyone have any links to decent bash plates for sale? couldnt find any on roughtrax4x4 and came up dry on supertrux?
    where are they hiding? who sells them?

Give Surfenstein a shout and get one of these...

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i was just looking at yours a min ago. it does look good mate.
      would it work with this bull bar? (surf on the right)

also can i get a winch to fit in where the number plate is??

Comment

It should work behind the bull bar but then half of the effect of it being mounted so high would lost.

You could probably work on getting a winch plate in behind the number plate an getting a winch on it.. might be very tight though.

Comment

i see.
          also i was thinking about getting some diff covers. will these be hidden by the bash plate (i take it they would) and would getting a diff cover defeat the object of getting a bash plate? or does the bash plate protect a lot more than just the diffs?
          cheers.
          Jay

Comment

the front diff is pretty well hidden away in its lil craddle thingy..

If the bash plate returns under an mounts near the back of the lower wishbones then it will be safe as houses... its only the rear diff thats able to get tw*tted properly..

so a lil diff protection wouldn't go too far amiss mate.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
              the front diff is pretty well hidden away in its lil craddle thingy..

If the bash plate returns under an mounts near the back of the lower wishbones then it will be safe as houses... its only the rear diff thats able to get tw*tted properly..

so a lil diff protection wouldn't go too far amiss mate.
              cheers Rod.
              well yeah id rather get a bash plate that covers the most it can cover in regards to the underside of the front.
              i havent seen enough bash plates to really comment on what i want. Apache's bash plate looks a bit high up for my liking if that makes sense? id rather one more underneath?? or have i lost the plot on this one? lol
              and yes will def get the diff cover for the rear. they look the nuts from ARB! only bout £55 i think??

Comment

Have you still got your aircon rad? if not i have a ally one coming up for grabs soon ( once i get the sas done)
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

ive only just bought this surf and its been round my mates since i picked it up so i havent looked at it properly yet. im assumming i do??
                  why? is putting an ally one on a must?

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                    Apache's bash plate looks a bit high up for my liking if that makes sense? id rather one more underneath?? or have i lost the plot on this one? lol
                    and yes will def get the diff cover for the rear. they look the nuts from ARB! only bout £55 i think??
                    It wraps up the front to give the rad some protection too, as its not protected at all on a stock truck. It wraps right underneath to the front crossmember. Functionality was my original intention when I designed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      It wraps up the front to give the rad some protection too, as its not protected at all on a stock truck. It wraps right underneath to the front crossmember. Functionality was my original intention when I designed it.
                      cool.
                      do you have any other designs i can look at that hold the same functionality mate?

Comment

Before Apache replied i was going to say that his bashplate is huuge! theres more to meets the eye in the pictures hes put up goodcat.

Like i said, you wont want it mounted that high up front with the bullbar on.. there will be no point protecting that.

Apaches truck doesn't have any bars etc so the plate going up that high is useful when taking on tough approach angles.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                          Before Apache replied i was going to say that his bashplate is huuge! theres more to meets the eye in the pictures hes put up goodcat.

Like i said, you wont want it mounted that high up front with the bullbar on.. there will be no point protecting that.

Apaches truck doesn't have any bars etc so the plate going up that high is useful when taking on tough approach angles.
                          yeah thats why im interested in some smaller designs as i have the bars on mine.
                          just something to replace the standard one. (if it even has one? i havent checked that either. but ill be taking it off for a new one if it does anyway)

Comment

My mate drove my truck off a 45 degree earth bank which (unknown to us!) had an 18" high retaining wall at the bottom edge of it hidden by long grass. This resulted in the front of the truck dropping off and actually hitting the ground before the wheels, and hitting pretty hard. The bashplate acted as a plough when he drove it forward. No damage to it or the truck. Up to the job I think!

I just gave the drawings to Mark ('stein) and he made it for me out of SS.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              My mate drove my truck off a 45 degree earth bank which (unknown to us!) had an 18" high retaining wall at the bottom edge of it hidden by long grass. This resulted in the front of the truck dropping off and actually hitting the ground before the wheels, and hitting pretty hard. The bashplate acted as a plough when he drove it forward. No damage to it or the truck. Up to the job I think!

I just gave the drawings to Mark ('stein) and he made it for me out of SS.
                              oh i have no doubt its as hard as i am mate. () but was looking for something more like this......
                              http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/860020.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X