hdmi cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmc303 View Post
    I can definitely tell you that there is no difference between cheap HDMI cables and pricey ones. I've got 2 computers that can output to well over "true HD" and 3 different 1920x1280 screens. I have a range of cables, varying in cost from free (in the box with free-sat), to a 5m HDMI cable that cost about £60. There was absolutely no difference in visual quality. I generally dont put sound through the cable though, I'd drive it separately through a surround system or even a stereo amp.

From a tech point of view, the major difference will come in the capability of your devices to transmit and receive signals. If you have a branded TV and keep it out of drafts you should be fine.
    silly question,why out of a draft?ps series 5 50 inch samsung plasma,1080p,100hz,30000 contrast ratio

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
      silly question,why out of a draft?ps series 5 50 inch samsung plasma,1080p,100hz,30000 contrast ratio
      Over time dust gets blown onto the circuit boards and into the internal heat-sinks, just like your computer. Unless you fancy dismantling your appliance every now and then to vacuum clean it, its generally better to keep all electronics out of a draft.

[edit]: the end result of the dust cloggin the heatsinks is that the chips start to malfunction and fail from over-heating, effectively cutting short the longevity of your appliance.

Comment

Over time dust gets blown onto the circuit boards and into the internal heat-sinks, just like your computer. Unless you fancy dismantling your appliance every now and then to vacuum clean it, its generally better to keep all electronics out of a draft.

[edit]: the end result of the dust cloggin the heatsinks is that the chips start to malfunction and fail from over-heating, effectively cutting short the longevity of your appliance.
        im hopin this will happen approx 4yrs and 11 months from now

Comment

im hopin this will happen approx 4yrs and 11 months from now
          Could be much less than that if you keep it in a draft. 2 years or possibly less if you dont vacuum your house every day!

Comment

Could be much less than that if you keep it in a draft. 2 years or possibly less if you dont vacuum your house every day!
            not in draft,and yes she does

Comment

not in draft,and yes she does
              well make sure she keeps it up then!

Comment

well make sure she keeps it up then!
                i will but i have 2 young kids,hence i got the 5 year cover

Comment

Working...
                X