hdmi cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hdmi cables?

any reccomendations?finally got the tv,and wow,went to town on the virgin to tv cable and got a 10.2gbps cable(just shy of a hundred quid!)but now need one for the ps3,do i need to spend that much again?loads on ebay,but i really want a good quality one

I got my 2 mtr one from Asda for £14.99 - have a look on Dabs too as they have them for sensible money!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
      I got my 2 mtr one from Asda for £14.99 - have a look on Dabs too as they have them for sensible money!
      is it good quality tho?

Comment

It was found out a while back that the quality of a cable makes no real difference in picture or sound.

I have one £60 hdmi cable here that i use but i also have 2 99p cables aswell... an there is no difference in picture quality.

Its just a cable that transfers information from one point to another. Its the quality of the actual device that matters.

Also, If your now on HD an you wern't before then that will explain the "holy f**k thats good" comparison.. When i went HD i couldn't believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

It was found out a while back that the quality of a cable makes no real difference in picture or sound.

I have one £60 hdmi cable here that i use but i also have 2 99p cables aswell... an there is no difference in picture quality.

Its just a cable that transfers information from one point to another. Its the quality of the actual device that matters.

Also, If your now on HD an you wern't before then that will explain the "holy f**k thats good" comparison.. When i went HD i couldn't believe it!
          um yes i do have that with my 100hz 30000 contrast ratio 1080p 50 inch tv
          seriously tho,cheap cable is ok?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            um yes i do have that with my 100hz 30000 contrast ratio 1080p 50 inch tv
            seriously tho,cheap cable is ok?
            I only used the cheap one - but the quality is amazing, and as Wodders said - it's not the cable that matters with this stuff
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
              I only used the cheap one - but the quality is amazing, and as Wodders said - it's not the cable that matters with this stuff
              ps3 and series 5 samsung plasma
              cheers guys

Comment

bl**dy show off!!

An yeah cheap cables are just as good mate. If you can wait then check amazon.. they have some reeeeaaaally cheap! If not pop down asda an pick one up.

Job's a good un' ... Wont stop you from being sh!t as PS3 games though!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                  bl**dy show off!!

An yeah cheap cables are just as good mate. If you can wait then check amazon.. they have some reeeeaaaally cheap! If not pop down asda an pick one up.

Job's a good un' ... Wont stop you from being sh!t as PS3 games though!

pah lol,watched an hd film last night,omg!!!! now playing ps3 on scart and its good but bit fuzzy,i think my only complaint bout the tv is the sound.v tinny,but linked up to the home stereo for the mo,next save up for wireless cinema system

Comment

Shielded and screened cable is shielded and screened cable. All this low oxygen and/or gold plated crap is complete and utter balls. You've still got a tin/lead mix connecting everything internally. Personally, I'd go and kick the crap out of the gits who charged anything above £20 or thereabouts for those cables, the thieving skanks.
                    Last edited by MattF; 28 February 2009, 13:56.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                      pah lol,watched an hd film last night,omg!!!! now playing ps3 on scart and its good but bit fuzzy,i think my only complaint bout the tv is the sound.v tinny,but linked up to the home stereo for the mo,next save up for wireless cinema system
                      My surround sound kit has a dvd upscaler. i think its only 720p as apposed to full 1080 but then there not actually HD DVD's but the quality is shockingly impressive!!

Definatly get a surround sound kit mate. My TV was bl**dy expensive but the sound quality is f**king shocking!!! especially turned up to a half decent level it distorts a treat!

PS3 or indeed anything running a non HD source into a HD tv will leave it looking utter cr*p. As soon as you get the proper leads you will be blown away. Shy of Crysis on my PC some of the PS3 games i have are stunning.. the 360 might have better looking games on average but Uncharted and motorstorm 2 are truly breathtaking!

Comment

They did a cableteston the Gadget Show last year and found no difference in quality, just asked our resident tech guy (son) and he says Amazon the place to shop ( alot cheaper than any DSG store he should know he rips off people at pc world) he tells me he actually works there,I think he just claims an attendance allowance !
                        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

I hdmi cables. Now i can't find them.

Comment

cheers guys

Comment

I can definitely tell you that there is no difference between cheap HDMI cables and pricey ones. I've got 2 computers that can output to well over "true HD" and 3 different 1920x1280 screens. I have a range of cables, varying in cost from free (in the box with free-sat), to a 5m HDMI cable that cost about £60. There was absolutely no difference in visual quality. I generally dont put sound through the cable though, I'd drive it separately through a surround system or even a stereo amp.

From a tech point of view, the major difference will come in the capability of your devices to transmit and receive signals. If you have a branded TV and keep it out of drafts you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X