Grease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease

Ive bought a grease gun from screwfix to grease the points identified on the visor card.
    What type of grease do I need and can I get it from any motor factors?

BPSparx
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

recommended grease for propshaft is a molybdenum disulfide lithium base chassis grease NLGI no2
    recommended grease for wheel ball joints is a molybdenum disulfide lithium base chassis grease NLGI no1 or no2.
    this grease in normally dark grey in colour and can be bought at local motor store.
    I use castrol mp2 grease because i get it free - but i suppose any low temp low speed grease would do. as long as it is water resistant and is thick enough not to flung off when rotating at speed.
    NLGI has a high shear resistance (good for ball joints/propshaft applications and low speed gears.
    Last edited by jaky cakes; 28 February 2009, 12:39.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

i was gona ask what you getting fit had to do with grease, but you gone and fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by blakarm View Post
        i was gona ask what you getting fit had to do with grease, but you gone and fixed it.
        FFS, what the chuff is that supposed to say?

Comment

Well, he had originally put 'i use castrol mp2, cos i get fit for free' then of course he put it right.

Matt, when you log out... is it MattF - OFF?

Comment

I was still "ver ver" drunk
            Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

postss aar craap uneles htey gut sum srot off fkucup in em.

Comment

Well, he had originally put 'i use castrol mp2, cos i get fit for free' then of course he put it right.

That's what the quote button is there for. You should quote the cock-ups to make sure they stay that way.

Also, no, it's generally always: 'Matt, f* off', whether I'm on or off line.

Comment

i lol'd

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                    That's what the quote button is there for. You should quote the cock-ups to make sure they stay that way.
                    That was the plan, but the buga beat me to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X