Fitting A Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting A Head

when fitting a head that has already been pressure tested, is there any other tests that need to be carried out once its been fitted or as its been fitted?
    i only ask as my mate is going to do it for me now but he has never worked on a surf before.
    just wanted to know if there are any things i needed to ask him once he's done it so i know the jobs been done properly?
    or is the priciple no different to fitting a head on any other car? in which case he'll be fine.
    just a bit paranoid as he has never done a surf before, apart from that he is a very good mechanic.
    cheers,
    Jay

p.s moved it to the general forum as got no responses on the tech forum. not many people on there.
    oh and its a gen 2 3.0lt

in all honesty , mate or not, if its him that doesn't feel confident in doing it right, then let someone else do it. lots of people get into further shit by mates trying to help them out when they're not up to the job.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
      in all honesty , mate or not, if its him that doesn't feel confident in doing it right, then let someone else do it. lots of people get into further shit by mates trying to help them out when they're not up to the job.
      I am going to have to agree on this one....
      Take Logey's advice....
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

i've not done my head but i'm thinking it is no different than any other head replacement, as long as the head is a good one, tested and not warped, just follow the torqueing stages as per instructions, make sure you use NEW QUALITY head bolts (not the ebay shoit) and the thread holes are cleaned out, also cjeck the new bolt lenght's against the old ones, quality torque wrench, quality bolts, quality head and all should be jake
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

he's done all my cars over the years and never a problem.
          when i told him it was a 4-6 hour job he just said well as it wasnt him who took the head out in the first place that it might take him a bit longer putting it back together. it was only that that made me think hmmm. but nevermind its ok now. just me being paranoid.

Comment

Working...
          X