No announcement yet.

insurance for modified imports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bill was around £220 with A-Plan (Groupama) but since the surf went to the great green lane in the sky and I went over to the bamboo side I have had to get new insurance come renewal time

However done some digging and got a policy with Swiftcover for £182 and because I went through giveortake I have @£28 to come back at some point

You really don't want to know about my household insurance, Nat West are going to hate me hopefully

Trev
    Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 24 February 2009, 08:38.
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      the trouble with lifesure is that although you declare any mods to the truck your mods are not covered in the insurance so if anything ever happens to your truck you will only get money back on a basic truck and nothing for the mods done to it.I found this out by accident one day while enquiring about my renewel with them and they told me all the above.Thats why i moved to Adrian Flux as they cover everything old for new and off road cover also
      I wasn't aware of that because they have never been cheapest, but then compared to some my list of mods is small, but perfectly selected.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

It may be worth looking at quotes for fully comprehensive as in some cases TPF&T is actually more expensive than comprehensive cover. In any case the difference between TPF&F and fully comp is usually only £20 -£30 so it is just not worth going for TPF&T.
        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
          I wasn't aware of that because they have never been cheapest, but then compared to some my list of mods is small, but perfectly selected.
          The other problem with lifesure is that in my own personal opinion, they can be a little.......'disingenuous' at renewal time and charge you an admin fee everytime you breath.

Oh, and they lurk on here, probably for maket research in fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            The other problem with lifesure is that in my own personal opinion, they can be a little.......'disingenuous' at renewal time and charge you an admin fee everytime you breath.

Oh, and they lurk on here, probably for maket research in fairness.
            hopefully they will read this and maybe change the policy to add mods to the insurance like Flux do
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              hopefully they will read this and maybe change the policy to add mods to the insurance like Flux do
              It's not their insurance as such, they are just brokers. I don't know why Flux can find someone to cover it but Lifesure can't though.

Comment

Working...
              X