Quick question on log books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question on log books

Got someone who is really really interested in the truck, and they are offering the asking price so am dying to sell, only problem is i cant find the log book !

I know i have it, i have seen it a million times, always the way isnt it, i have everythin like the old MOTS, recipts, Jap mumbo jumbo the lot, but the Log is the only one missing an is nowhere to be seen.

The lads wanting to take the car tonight and has the cash, but all i have is the little green slip i was originaly given when i bought it from the garage last year, would it be wrong of me to fill his details out on that (the little green slip) and lettin him drive off (so he can produce it if he gets pulled) then phoning the DVLA tomorow and telling them i sold the car but I have lost the log book before having a chance to post it with the new keepers details ?

what should i do, the mans waving a load of notes under my nose and i dont wanna miss the chance ? Whats the quickest way of resolving this

go into microsoft word,make a bill of sale,date,time,sold to etc,then print 2 copies,then give him the 20/30 quid to apply for log book,cant remeber form number but should be on dvla site

Comment

Here's the link: http://www.direct.gov.uk/motoringforms, you're looking for a V62. Costs £25, shouldn't be any problems. I wouldn't bother giving him the previous transfer slip, might cause more problems than it solves - receipts as BDT suggests are a better idea.
      Andy
      http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

SOLD

Well its Gone ... Without a surf now

Comment

Originally posted by Antony_James View Post
          SOLD

well if its what u had to do mate then so be it,you will get another one day

Comment

Yeah, am after another tho, i know i will,

Long story short, i bought it to go touring round portugal in not long ago (5 months ago) the idea was to do it with a load of friends in 4x4s, surfs, shoguns, cherokees the lot, you know all kitted up with canoes mountain bikes, tents, stuff like that, but everyone pulled out and i was the only 1 left with a 4by, so i have a truck sat on my driveway doing nothing...

So............ me an the mrs have decided to sell everything, we have sold our truck, sold our bike, sold our little yellow fiat, everythin, in the hope of scrapping enough cash together to get a newer bike and go touring again...

We went touring round france and italy last year on our old FJ12 (on the cheap)

but,,, it was the best thing i have ever ever done , ever

no plans, no where to stay, nothing, just a bike, a change or 2 of underwear and a pocket full of cash, and lets see how far we can get haha

so with a bit of luck, we will get a bike sorted, go touring round Spain or portugal, then when we come back buy and (OLDER) surf, sumthin that i dont mind off roadin, and propper give it sum off road haha, u know use it solely as an off roader

i was made up with the surf, she was brilliant, an i wouldnt hesitate to get another, but av just got other things on at the minute

Comment

Originally posted by Antony_James View Post
              SOLD

So evidently the bloke was quite happy to take it without the log book?

I'm not doubting your honesty in the slightest mate but I wouldn't have bought it without one. I wonder how many people on here would have?
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

yeah i know, it might of helped a little that my best mate lives next door to him, am always there or outside, we both know where each other lives and if there was anything fishy about the sale, it wouldnt be too hard to find me again, or vice versa ...

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  So evidently the bloke was quite happy to take it without the log book?

I'm not doubting your honesty in the slightest mate but I wouldn't have bought it without one. I wonder how many people on here would have?

i did 5500 quid too
                  turned out to be a honest bloke who iam now very close friends with
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                  X