No announcement yet.

How can I record mobile phone calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Scorpion;532359]So does this also apply to video evidence? Like when the police tell you to take a video of someone vandalising your property, car, home, do you pop out first and tell them that you're videoing them, otherwise it won't stand up in court?

Technically under the data protection act you should have signs up advising that cctv is in operation, however CCTV is not covered under RIPA and in most cases it will be allowed to be used.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
      Without going into to much detail , some calls are needed to be recorded due to threats made by someone to someone else and maybe needed in court later on to try and prove the caller is unstable and unfit person mentally.
      Dont want to make the caller aware of these calls being recorded but it sounds like we can not use them in court if you guys say we need to inform them of being recorded they wont make the threats .

You can still record them and let the police listen to them they can take appropriate action from there, purely on the strength of a phone call will not determine how mentally unstable a person is.
      If the Police feel he/she is unfit or a threat to the public then (not in the confines of their own house) Police can use section 136 of the mental health act.
      If it goes as far as court this perosn will need to have a mental health assessment carried out by a doctor.

Without knowing the ins and outs its very difficult to advise on here.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Thanks for your help on this one . Now looks like we have it covered .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
        X