How can I record mobile phone calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I record mobile phone calls

Need to find a way to record phone calls that are incoming to a mobile phone . Does anyone know a simple way to do this ?
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
    Need to find a way to record phone calls that are incoming to a mobile phone . Does anyone know a simple way to do this ?
    Assuming your mobile has the record facility then just press record when the calls come in.
    Or get a dictaphone and put mobile on speaker and record............
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

yea
      Attached Files
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
        Assuming your mobile has the record facility then just press record when the calls come in.
        Or get a dictaphone and put mobile on speaker and record............
        Got no record facility or would have used it !!!

Comment

Pervert!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Isn't this illegal im sure you have to tell them they are being recorded.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy View Post
              Isn't this illegal im sure you have to tell them they are being recorded.
              What if they are crank calls?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                What if they are crank calls?
                It dont matter im sure i asked about this and was told by a solicitor that you have to tell them that you are recording them. Thats y when you ring up a call center they tell you that you may be recorded for training purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy View Post
                  It dont matter im sure i asked about this and was told by a solicitor that you have to tell them that you are recording them. Thats y when you ring up a call center they tell you that you may be recorded for training purposes.
                  I think youre right Mitsy, thats my understanding too. I wonder if its OK to tell people that you are recording the call when in fact your not ? I tell all these places, like banks, insurance and basically anyone who gives that blether about training purposes that I am also recording the call for training purposes. I suppose its quite pathetic but I get a little frisson of pleasure from it. Of course I dont actually record the call. I wonder if my behaviour is illegal ?D

Oh and by the way, not only do I not know of an easy way to record mobile calls. Im not sure if I even know a difficult way,

Bogus
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                    I think youre right Mitsy, thats my understanding too. I wonder if its OK to tell people that you are recording the call when in fact your not ? I tell all these places, like banks, insurance and basically anyone who gives that blether about training purposes that I am also recording the call for training purposes. I suppose its quite pathetic but I get a little frisson of pleasure from it. Of course I dont actually record the call. I wonder if my behaviour is illegal ?D

Oh and by the way, not only do I not know of an easy way to record mobile calls. Im not sure if I even know a difficult way,

Bogus
                    Christ makes a change for me to be right.

Comment

if you have a mobile that runs a standard operating system, like symbian or windows, then you can download and install applications to record calls.

i had a sony erricson, and (although its not straight forward) whilst in a call, you can navigate through the menu carefully so you dont end the call, and start to record.

i like Bogus' idea. say to them that there is a possibility that you MAY be recording the call.

i bet you get a completely different experience, than if you were not to say that.

how about if you tell them you are recording the conversation, and also that you're completely naked except for a top hat.
                      - i wonder what sort of call experience you will get then!
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Telling people you are recording calls is covered under data protection and also RIPA.
                        If you are purely recording the call for your own use their is no requirement to tell the other party you are recording the call.
                        It only becomes an issue if you allow or need a third party to listen to the call.
                        For example, something ends up in court and you want to produce a call as evidence and you havent mentioned the fact at the the call was recorded at the time then it will probabaly not be allowed to be used as evidence.
                        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

Without going into to much detail , some calls are needed to be recorded due to threats made by someone to someone else and maybe needed in court later on to try and prove the caller is unstable and unfit person mentally.
                          Dont want to make the caller aware of these calls being recorded but it sounds like we can not use them in court if you guys say we need to inform them of being recorded they wont make the threats .

Comment

So does this also apply to video evidence? Like when the police tell you to take a video of someone vandalising your property, car, home, do you pop out first and tell them that you're videoing them, otherwise it won't stand up in court?

" Yes, just move a little to the right Mr Chav, the lighting is poor here and I need to get a clear shot of you smashing my windows!"
                            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                              So does this also apply to video evidence? Like when the police tell you to take a video of someone vandalising your property, car, home, do you pop out first and tell them that you're videoing them, otherwise it won't stand up in court?

" Yes, just move a little to the right Mr Chav, the lighting is poor here and I need to get a clear shot of you smashing my windows!"
                              Not quite so sure about this, but I do know that any surveillance cameras that you erect are only allowed to film your own property. You cant film public or common land. For example the camera at the front of your house can film the path and the front door, but not your car which is on the street outside.
                              As we are all being filmed all the time however by these horrible nasty invasive CCTV things I dont see how anybody could complain at you with your hand held video camera. It would then be obvious you were filming. With recorded calls its not obvious. Only thing of course is, you must never film plod. That will now get you banged up

Bogus
                              Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
                              X