Lucifer first test drive need your speakers on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
    plenty of vaseline in the oil pump then,steve buy yourself a lumention ignition kit,worth its weight in gold,those old lucas l35 dizzys burn out points every ten miles.
    I was thinking about changing the ignition when its finished. Do you rate those mallory twin point distributors?
    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
      I was thinking about changing the ignition when its finished. Do you rate those mallory twin point distributors?
      yea they are great if your going over 300 hp with the engine,but if your gonna leave it relatively standard the lumention kit is the one to go for bolts straight into the top of the dizzy connect three wires and away you go,i think they are about £80 where as the mallory twin point is around £350
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

yea they are great if your going over 300 hp with the engine,but if your gonna leave it relatively standard the lumention kit is the one to go for bolts straight into the top of the dizzy connect three wires and away you go,i think they are about £80 where as the mallory twin point is around £350
        Sounds good do you know where I can get one?
        monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

god i wish i was a mechanic if i have to do something with a spanner in f*cked im really jealous of you guys

Comment

Sounds good do you know where I can get one?
            yes,rimmer bros do them in lincoln.http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
              god i wish i was a mechanic if i have to do something with a spanner in f*cked im really jealous of you guys
              Its only a case of learning. Buy an old banger and a Haynes manual and practice. You'll get there in the end.
              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

yes,rimmer bros do them in lincoln.http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/
                Thanks Mark just had a look £149.99. I'll get one before it goes for its MOT.
                monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Thanks Mark just had a look £149.99. I'll get one before it goes for its MOT.
                  christ on a bike,the've gone up in price,just goes to show how long its been since i bought a new one.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

christ on a bike,the've gone up in price,just goes to show how long its been since i bought a new one.
                    Mark is this the same thing.
                    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-MGB-GT-V8-o...ayphotohosting
                    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

im sure it is ,but check your cam lobes on the dizzy,the lumention kit comes with three choppers,for different cam lobe configerations/sizes.if this kit comes with different choppers then you should be ok.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

im sure it is ,but check your cam lobes on the dizzy,the lumention kit comes with three choppers,for different cam lobe configerations/sizes.if this kit comes with different choppers then you should be ok.
                        Just emailed the guy Mark and this was his reply.
                        Hi Steve,
                        This is kit LU181, which fits the Lucas 35D8 distributor. I know you have to look at the base plate in the distributor, and this fits the 'round' baseplate.

It doesn't use 'choppers' as such: that's the Lumenition optical system. It uses a ring with magnets inside, that makes triggers the system.
                        monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Just emailed the guy Mark and this was his reply.
                          Hi Steve,
                          This is kit LU181, which fits the Lucas 35D8 distributor. I know you have to look at the base plate in the distributor, and this fits the 'round' baseplate.

It doesn't use 'choppers' as such: that's the Lumenition optical system. It uses a ring with magnets inside, that makes triggers the system.
                          ok mate sounds like it might do the job,ive never used a system like that,but hey if its half the price.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X