X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are oldD
    Brian

Comment

Fair enough, that's the problem with the net, very easy to read a different meaning into something/write something that comes across differently to how it's meant! As a 21 year old guy who has to pay through the nose because of those of my peers racing around ####ed and into things/people I know the feeling of paying for other people's fun and I don't want others to pay for mine.

As seems to be the consensus third party on a green lane shouldn't be a problem but without pretty solid information from a lawyer I'm still not keen on taking on a cheaper policy that states that it validates it. At the end of the day I'd rather not go greenlaning than have any worries at all about the legality of it.

Wish I had the money to run a dedicated offroader, hate hearing every noise and thinking I'm going to have to get a tow to a garage!

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
        RTV trials ain't offroading then? And neither's greenlaning? Or how about pay & play sites? So, exactly what is offroading in your book then?
        There's only one offroading, that's the happy bunch of nutters up the corner of the site doing modified. You'll know them when you see them, half the motors are upside down

Ahh, happy days

Comment

RTV trials ain't offroading then? And neither's greenlaning? Or how about pay & play sites? So, exactly what is offroading in your book then?

I think he means to be officially off-roading, you have to trash your truck like JUDWAK does and leave it where it breaks down.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            You are oldD
            Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by J_D View Post
              Young, male and big imported 4x4 don't seem to be a good combination!
              It's a good combination if you like being bent over and given a good shafting.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                I think he means to be officially off-roading, you have to trash your truck like JUDWAK does and leave it where it breaks down.
                well in that case, it's the grassroots stuff that takes balls, trailers are for pussies. Anyone can do anything in a motor they can drag onto a trailer at the end of the day, real men drive home too
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Nooooh, don't leave it. It always has to come home, it's just that sometimes you have to shovel it up.

To be fair, I do understand that a lot (some) of the posters on here are quite young (still in their twentys) and you have to make do with what you have. I haven't got a problem with that and good luck to you. I once ran an Austin Champ as my sole means of transport for 18 months, money was so tight I couldn't afford a hood or doors, just a donkey jacket and gloves
                  As you get older and the opportunities come along to run two or three vehicles your standards alter and your outlook alters, I wouldn't dream of hammering a road motor offroad now, the most would be a gentle greenlane or dawdle across Salisbury plain (probably in the dry)

Comment

well in that case, it's the grassroots stuff that takes balls, trailers are for pussies. Anyone can do anything in a motor they can drag onto a trailer at the end of the day, real men drive home too

That can be awkward with an axle missing, it makes funny noises and don't take islands too well

Comment

Originally posted by rodp View Post
                      That can be awkward with an axle missing, it makes funny noises and don't take islands too well
                      you can do that in RTVs too though
                      http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...61565740017972
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

most green lanes are classed has public highways so you would be insured on them anyhow
                        if you go off roading like a pay and pay site then its your own falt if you roll it or wright it off so insurence is just out of the question and very costly (more than a surf)
                        if you go out trecking through woods/mud/fields/streams/rivers
                        then you dont need insurence coz you should not be on that land
                        if you have the right to be there you did it at your own risk
                        i hope you see what iam saying about off roading
                        my last full day out killed mi surf and iam still fixing it and that was 30 april last year had no 4wd about 3 weeks after that
                        most other things i have done have been in 2wd so i cant do much

but i sold lots of scrap gold this morning
                        so i will be back out to see what else a surf can do
                        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

The only reason I can see for 'off road insurance' is if you run somebody over or drive into another vehicle. I wouldn't think of claiming for damage to my own surf if I rolled it or hit a tree etc..

Wishing I was as rich a rodp so I could afford some 'real' offroading

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                            The only reason I can see for 'off road insurance' is if you run somebody over or drive into another vehicle. I wouldn't think of claiming for damage to my own surf if I rolled it or hit a tree etc..

Rob.

seell something off mate your must have something you clung onto for years
                            ya only live once mate

Comment

http://www.ecarinsurance.co.uk/
                              if you have pass plus try them mate worth a try if you anit got it
                              but dont say the word off roading
                              green lanes are covered by the highways agencey and are legal to drive on (most are)
                              they hear the word off roading and they think of the worst
                              if you only want a treck a few green lanes its not even worth saying anything to them coz they will bump the price up by about a grand or just say no
                              i have been through all this mate i have only been driving 6 years
                              and still get hammed on insurence
                              and i say nothing about off roading (i go at my own risk)
                              thats way we join such great forums to help us out when needed

i forgot to add the above link
                              my mates subaru its over 500 bhp and he still going mod crazy
                              1000 quid fully comp every were else said between 3000 and 5000 quid
                              and he is only in his early 20's
                              Last edited by JUDWAK; 21 February 2009, 02:58.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post

Rob.
                                This is the biggy, if you kill another driver or a passenger while on an off road {not greenlane} then you can be sued and possible lose everything.
                                If you are a member of an offical club most take an annual fee so they are covered by MSA or the like. Some clubs charge on the day works out around £4 per truck per event normally for MSA cover.
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X