Child Seat Help - 2nd Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Seat Help - 2nd Gen

I'm totally out of my depth here so hoping some kind and knowlegable soul can help:

I have family coming to visit from Canada, including my 20mo niece. My sister is planning on bringing their car seat (providing it's legal to use here -it's a Britax brand convertible one) -and apparently forward facing car seats there use a tether (none of my co-workers with small kids are familiar with this).

Does anyone know what the deal is with the tether anchor point- where it's meant to mount in a 2nd gen -ie does a designated mount point exist? Has anyone got an anchor they're not using they'd be able to sell or lend (or know where one can be bought otherwise)?

Also - I've searched a few threads here and read about issues with belt length -is that just when the seat is rear facing, or does it matter when it's one of these convertible rearwards/forwards setat?

Thanks!
    -Mike
    Last edited by CheGuevara; 20 February 2009, 15:46.

First thing to do is make sure the seat can be used in the UK. Legislation the world over varies, and what is approved for use overseas may not be approved for use in the UK. This will be especially true of non-EU countries. Using non-approved seats may cause problems should you be unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident. Try contacting your local council's Road Safety Department. Wigan Council arrange short term loan of car seats and your local council may do the same or be able to advise of a source. Might be worth a go. Hope this helps.
    That'll fit!

Comment

When are they due over here?

Comment

They arrive March 24th for 3 weeks. I'm collecting them from London in the Hilux, so want to be sure I've got it sorted in advance - avoid any suprises.

Of course we will only use the Cdn seat if it also meets standards here -otherwise it'll be beg, borrow, or god forbid buy one (I've seen the prices).

The Wigan loan/rent scheme sounds like a great idea, but alas, Corby does not seem to be quite as progressive.

Comment

hi m8 ive got 3 kids my 8 year old sits on a booster seat/5 years old sits in forward facing car seat n my boy who2 in may sits in forwards facing car seat also the seat belt just just goes through from the back on one side then over the front n back out the other side n clips into belt holder. then its got its own seat belts for him both go over the shoulder if your neice 20 months she should be fine facing forwards.
          have a look mothercare etc n look at the styles they have then look in paper or charity shops for the same as you can pick them up cheap hope that helps

Comment

Working...
          X