Been "at it" again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been "at it" again

Finished my mini spray booth! i was gonna just cut the end off a cardboard box but thought thats tooooo easy, stuck some cieling spotlights in the top for light and heat and a MattF special comp fan on to take the dust/mist out
    (only two leds working mate!!! i want a replacement) turntable to turn the thing to be sprayed round and roberts your uncle, sprayed the stien with dk grey matt and ready for black gloss tomorrow (when i buy some)

Also made the mould's for the tyres, after some failed attemps with latex, used RTV silicon and it's worked well, really picked up the detail which i was unsure of as it's pretty gooey shoit, i can now cast in polyester resin with no probs, i found out after make em in latex that you cant cast polyester resins in latex moulds as it goes "mushy" on the first 1mm giveing a sticky and bad detail finish, i can also use the polyester water clear resin left over to do the water/muddy water in the diorama, gonna sink a truck in up to it's screen, on an angle sort of thing

and i know i need to get out more but nobody'll pay for me
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Holy Sh!t...

Thats awesome.. I cant wait to see it finished mate. I would love to see you work your magic on my dodge model thingy!!

cool!!!

Comment

kin ell ian is there nothing u cant do???
      fancy making me a spray booth?bout 3m by 9m should do it?

Comment

Looks sweet Ian. Oops on the fan, btw. Ain't you got some spare ones? Btw, just on that point, I believe I have some 120mm ones here too if you wanna' go for some big extractors.

Comment

Ian that is gonna look the Dogs danglies when it's completed mate. Keep up the good work

Comment

Ta ever so much Still got some of the fans Matt, i used two 120mm ones on the compressor cooling box in the back of the truck and have two left plus three of the smaller ones, just could'nt be arsed changeing that one over, plus i think the batterys low,
            A biggun would be nice Andy, great if you have the room, they had some nice ones at the coachbuilders, real state of the art, and bouble deckker bus size,
            Apply you mine to it Rod and it'll be ok, impatience is the worst problem, and only do it when you feel like it, dont matter if it takes a year, (of course if your chucking it away, mate, pal, buddy)
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

C'mon... how much ££ to knock this up!

Its the same scale as the surf models an the tyre comes to the roof of the model at 'stock' height.. if you have one left at stock height!

Comment

Can you make a vehicle pregnant?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                  Doubt it...

Why?!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                    Doubt it...

Why?!
                    C'mon... how much ££ to knock this up!

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                      Finished my mini spray booth! i was gonna just cut the end off a cardboard box but thought thats tooooo easy, stuck some cieling spotlights in the top for light and heat and a MattF special comp fan on to take the dust/mist out
                      (only two leds working mate!!! i want a replacement) turntable to turn the thing to be sprayed round and roberts your uncle, sprayed the stien with dk grey matt and ready for black gloss tomorrow (when i buy some)

Also made the mould's for the tyres, after some failed attemps with latex, used RTV silicon and it's worked well, really picked up the detail which i was unsure of as it's pretty gooey shoit, i can now cast in polyester resin with no probs, i found out after make em in latex that you cant cast polyester resins in latex moulds as it goes "mushy" on the first 1mm giveing a sticky and bad detail finish, i can also use the polyester water clear resin left over to do the water/muddy water in the diorama, gonna sink a truck in up to it's screen, on an angle sort of thing

and i know i need to get out more but nobody'll pay for me

Excellent work Ian.
                      When you've finished with the spray booth, you could use it to make your own kebabs.

Comment

OMGZ matt... Grow up!!

Jeeezz your like a bid kid!

Comment

OMGZ matt... Grow up!!

Jeeezz your like a bid kid!
                          bid kid??

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                            bid kid??
                            oops!

an yeah Bid Kid... Y'know like a kid you buy off Ebay or something..

###### hell BDT! Get on the page mate!!!

Comment

well, old big ears charlie knocked up a princess. so did james hewitt.
                              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Working...
                              X