Toyota LC 80 series, quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota LC 80 series, quick question

I know there are several people here who are familiar the LC 80 series. I am probably looking towards buying one within the next 12 months or so. I have read somewhere that cruise control is a rare option. Is this true? Are they referring to UK or import versions?

I have cruise control on my Surf and I use it a lot so I would want an LC with this option as well.

Also what is the difference between UK verses import in regards to diff-locks?

I know this is the Hilux Surf forum, but at least I am asking about a close stalemate of the Surf.... and not BMW, Jags, Rovers, Audis or Volvos like some members I could mention

Cheers,

Paul
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

It's worth asking over on ih8mud.com. They know LC's like the back of their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
      I know there are several people here who are familiar the LC 80 series. I am probably looking towards buying one within the next 12 months or so. I have read somewhere that cruise control is a rare option. Is this true? Are they referring to UK or import versions?

I have cruise control on my Surf and I use it a lot so I would want an LC with this option as well.

Also what is the difference between UK verses import in regards to diff-locks?

I know this is the Hilux Surf forum, but at least I am asking about a close stalemate of the Surf.... and not BMW, Jags, Rovers, Audis or Volvos like some members I could mention

Cheers,

Paul
      Thats why we ask about our BMW's, Jags, Rovers, Audis and volvos in general.. Because we want opinions.

Miserable git!

An i haven't got a clue mate, Sorry... But i can sell you a tasty house brick to rest on the go faster pedal!

Comment

Lc 80

Hi as you know i have a LC80 had i now for just over 11years its an import its the 4.2 T/D VX LIMITED ITS FULLY LOADED. i find the imports not as good on the mpg as the uk model. Some of the uk models have "cruise control" some dont mine has it plus other things.

Regards Bob
        Attached Files
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux View Post
          Hi as you know i have a LC80 had i now for just over 11years its an import its the 4.2 T/D VX LIMITED ITS FULLY LOADED. i find the imports not as good on the mpg as the uk model. Some of the uk models have "cruise control" some dont mine has it plus other things.

Regards Bob
          Thanks Bob,

So it looks like there is a better chance of cruise control being fitted to an import.

What sort of MPG do you get? I’m not too worried about low MPG.... after all I’ve been running your old Surf for the last few years.

If possible, I would really like to call by sometime and have a look at your LC, just so I have an idea of the size/layout etc.
          Cheers
          Paul
          Last edited by PDR; 19 February 2009, 15:45.

Comment

Lc80 Mpg

Hi Paul the MPG on the automatic LC80 imports is not that much better than the V6 you have now. I would say around 16mpg but on a long run in the high 20s, done a trip to devon last year to pick a Surf up and towed it back on a Aframe and got around 28mpg and still drove round for a day or two.
            I done a comparrison between 3 UK models and 2 import models, in all cases the UK models reved between 550-600 rpm slower than the imports in all gears making them much better on mpg. As to poping in anytime you on this side of the river give us ashout "0151 474 3478".

Regards Bob

P.S. Certain people on hear dont beleave that 4.2 L/C 80s can return good milage seeing is beleaveing ask "Ohsupremebeing" he was with me when we went.
            Live Life To The Full

Comment

Cheers Bob, I will give you a call and arrange a time that suits you

Comment

Working...
              X