The same old question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The same old question

And I dont mean whats the red button for? but who do I phone/write to, to find out if the steering recall has been done on my truck?
    I know this has been dealt with many times but I havent found the right thread with the address/phone number in. So if somebody can point me in the right direction I will be very greatfull

thanks in advance Brummie
    I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

I think you just call into your local toyota dealers with your trucks details & they take it from there.

Think they need to get in touch with japan then you get a letter to confirm the work needs doing & then book it in at the dealer of your choice.

Even think you get a courtesy car thrown in too.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Only certain numbered models. Use the search button there is a list on here.
      Brian

Comment

Try Ringing... Warranty Manager / Customer Services 01737 363633
        Toyota GB
        Great Burgh
        Burgh Heath
        Epsom, Surrey
        KT18 5UX

ps. as said do a search for "Steering Recall" so ya gen'd up...
        Good Luck

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than five minutes !!!!
        Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 19 February 2009, 12:57.
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Just rang customer services they took my details with no bother and told me
          they would get in touch. No problems about it being an import.

thanks for the help everybody
          Brummie

Comment

Forgot to say in my last post ...
            Keep us posted as to how it all went !!!

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than five minutes !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

I just got a pleasant letter in the post from Toyota UK, about 2 weeks after I phoned them, saying that yes it does need done. They've contacted the local dealer, who in turn should contact me within 2 weeks or so to book it in.

I chased it up as I suspect the front wheels may be slightly misaligned, and they need realigned as part of the work

Just so you know, there should be a blob of yellow paint on the right side of the vehicle ID plate if the recall has been done.
              Andy
              http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
                I just got a pleasant letter in the post from Toyota UK, about 2 weeks after I phoned them, saying that yes it does need done. They've contacted the local dealer, who in turn should contact me within 2 weeks or so to book it in.

I chased it up as I suspect the front wheels may be slightly misaligned, and they need realigned as part of the work

Just so you know, there should be a blob of yellow paint on the right side of the vehicle ID plate if the recall has been done.
                Could I ask why aligning the wheels would be part of a recall for replacing the steering idler?
                Trust your Hound.

Comment

I think it's because the part being replaced is integral to the steering, so when it's taken off the alignment could change.

I'm not sure, but suspect any time work is done on the steering system by a decent garage, the wheels would be aligned afterwards.
                  Andy
                  http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins View Post
                    Could I ask why aligning the wheels would be part of a recall for replacing the steering idler?
                    It's not the idler, it's the track rod end. If they put it all back the same, it should be fine.

Comment

I,ve just had a letter from Toyota (GB) to say that the recall hasn,t been done
                      and that a local main stealer will be in touch within the next 21 days to make arrangements for it to be done.
                      The letter from yota even thanked me for contacting them and for my patience.
                      aaaah what a nice man. he obviousley doesn,t know me

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
                        I,ve just had a letter from Toyota (GB) to say that the recall hasn,t been done
                        and that a local main stealer will be in touch within the next 21 days to make arrangements for it to be done.
                        The letter from yota even thanked me for contacting them and for my patience.
                        aaaah what a nice man. he obviousley doesn,t know me
                        must be just the really old models that need it, mines ok
                        i x toyoyta surf 1 x toyota supra mk3 turbo auto

Comment

meeeow

Comment

Working...
                          X