Freesat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freesat

Anyone got it? I'm thinking of getting one of their all-singing HD recorder things.

Yes- as good as sky+ , records in HD and its free!!!!! (well subscription free anyway)

Comment

is it true(told to me by a tv salesman)than in a couple of years that freesat will pick up all the sky channels free?prob bull but thought id ask

Comment

FoxSat is, I beleive, the one to go for - they do an all-in-one box with the Frresat receiver, monster hard-disk recorder and DVD recorder/player. IIRC you can view/record two channels at once on the HDR, one satellite, one terrestrial i.e. record 2 channels at once.

HD is gorgeous...
        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
          is it true(told to me by a tv salesman)than in a couple of years that freesat will pick up all the sky channels free?prob bull but thought id ask
          It's bunkum. There's no way on earth that Sky would give anything away for free.

Comment

I am still battling my way through the minefield -
            freesat - dont know a lot about it
            Sky £49 for a plus box and £17 pm... yea right, sorry sir free broadband not availlable in your area +££££££ you must have add on packs....how many sir +££££ oh yes and phone ...certainly which package? £££££ as I am not a sports fan I dont need add ons
            We have been existing with 4 chanels on analogue and getting programe conflicts with just those. At the moment we have changed the ariel to point to a digital transmitter, one minute it works the next it breaks up, our old transmiter only goes live on changeover day and will be limited possibly 12 stations, so at the mo we have a set top box to use the lounge TV digi if we want a reasonable pic, analoge if we want shadows and 2 other TV's with shadowy pics
            so do we get a digi freeviewTV?, High Def?, recordable drive with freeview tuner in, set top boxes or what
            I am just confused by the whole thing
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

As far as I know, all of the terrestrial Freeview stations are on that Freesat thing, and the satellite version is pure line of sight. So, unless you have a physical obstruction blocking the line of sight to the satellite, that should pick all available stations up perfectly.

Comment

Working...
              X