No Truck Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Truck Today

It's a hard day, I've let my truck go off with someone else, and I'm being forced to spend the day in a top of the range Rav4 with only 9,000 miles on the clock.
    It's been hard I'll tell you, and they do wheelspin all four wheels. I'm asamed to say for a road going vehicle it's loverly, don't think it would even survive a Bio Hazard introduction, let alone a play.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

I like them.
    Was thinking of getting her in doors one.
    Live the dream.......

Comment

I'd suggest only test driving one if you've got the money to buy it.
      Unless of course you find you don't like it, I'd have one as my normal road car, as long as someone else stumped up the cash.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

They look like pretty cool lil trucks.

Glad to hear its not too unbearable!

Comment

I drove one a few years ago in New Zealand and found it to be remarkably good, even driving up a mountain through deep snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
            they do wheelspin all four wheels..
            have you welded up the diffs??
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

The other halfs RAV, has been faultless, 2 and a bit years and 53K

Comment

take it for a hill climb
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Got my girl back, do you want the list of unsafe items?

Oh well as you asked nicely

NSF Main Beam bulb not in holder - How does the light work then, oh yes because I have HID lights.

Oil leak covering multiple parts - Had a look today and it's the residual oil that's been there for a few years so it's cacked on solid.

OSF wheel tight possibly due to sticky caliper - Well that's possible I'll look at that.

Engine oil low, toped up - I was waiting to do a service so that's nice new oil going down the drain, and the low bit means halfway down the dip stick I know cause I check.

A/C Rad in poor condition - Well that's what you get when you put in a stupid place, The Plains doen't take prisoners.

Tyres low on tread, OSR on the legal limit - Well doesn't that explain the resent poor performance on The Plains.

Not bad really didn't mention lack of back seats, or anything else.
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                  X