for those in the know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for those in the know

thinking about buying this,anyone know of any bad things about them????
    http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...icleRegLetter=
    or this one
    http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...cleRegLetter=J
    Last edited by surfenstein; 15 February 2009, 18:14.
    www.overfab.uk

hi mark.

the second one, i drove an example of, to croatia with 3 other coach drivers and myself in.It did an indicated 155 on the autobahn between wurzburg and munich,never used a drop of oil and water and went like stink at all times......look good in a surf that !
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

hi gwa.

im looking for something for shirl,but cant make up my mind weather to go for another truck or something like this,ive got a grand to play with,but what ever i buy its gotta be an auto.dont know if i should be sensible and go for a sensible car or be crazy and go for well........something a little different.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Both the Soarer and LS suffer from front wishbone bush wear, evident by a clunking when driving over bumps. 100 notes per side to fix and MOT fail if not.
        The Soarer produces more power than the LS, partly due to less weight and bigger injectors but the exhaust manifolds are a very bad design and very restrictive.
        The LS engine has a front sump so is better for fitting to IFS Surfs.
        The Soarer is rear sump.
        Some LSs have active suspension the same for the Soarer, which also have four wheel steer on some models.

I expect BDT2 will be along shortly to give you the full SP on both cars as he's probably had twenty of each!
        On both cars, check that the LCD temp diplay for the heater is working, as they can fail and just show a black screen.

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
          hi gwa.

im looking for something for shirl,but cant make up my mind weather to go for another truck or something like this,ive got a grand to play with,but what ever i buy its gotta be an auto.dont know if i should be sensible and go for a sensible car or be crazy and go for well........something a little different.

Life is too short for sensible cars, go for something interesting!

-----

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspode View Post

-----
            True!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Both the Soarer and LS suffer from front wishbone bush wear, evident by a clunking when driving over bumps. 100 notes per side to fix and MOT fail if not.
              The Soarer produces more power than the LS, partly due to less weight and bigger injectors but the exhaust manifolds are a very bad design and very restrictive.
              The Soarer is rear sump.
              Some LSs have active suspension the same for the Soarer, which also have four wheel steer on some models.

I expect BDT2 will be along shortly to give you the full SP on both cars as he's probably had twenty of each!
              On both cars, check that the LCD temp diplay for the heater is working, as they can fail and just show a black screen.
              well ty bushy actually ive had neither,although nearly bought a soarer,thing that put me off soarer is lots of niggles really,its meant to be a posh mans supra,but like the one u have on there its 2.5 not 3.0,id say much for much out of the 2 u have put up,but i'd bet penny to a pound you will get the ls anyway so u have the engine for later on,reliability wise they are both good,only ever roadsided one soarer(elec windows packed up,needed a fuse)

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                The Soarer is rear sump.

cheers vince,i must say im straying towards the soarer at the mo.but the ls is a hundred miles closer.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspode View Post

-----
                  Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                  True!!
                  What, like a Mondeo maybe?

Sorry Rod, i really couldn't resist.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    well ty bushy actually ive had neither,although nearly bought a soarer,thing that put me off soarer is lots of niggles really,its meant to be a posh mans supra,but like the one u have on there its 2.5 not 3.0,id say much for much out of the 2 u have put up,but i'd bet penny to a pound you will get the ls anyway so u have the engine for later on,reliability wise they are both good,only ever roadsided one soarer(elec windows packed up,needed a fuse)
                    cheers buddy.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

if its for shirl, and you want something a bit different,but powerful,but not a surf......how about ...nah i like the soarer
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

cheers buddy.
                        why not get a nice merc 190 cossie?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                          why not get a nice merc 190 cossie?
                          i feckin hate mercs. had a lot of experiances with mercs when i was an apprentice.never again
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                            if its for shirl, and you want something a bit different,but powerful,but not a surf......how about ...nah i like the soarer
                            go on gra what where you gonna contribute????
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

i feckin hate mercs. had a lot of experiances with mercs when i was an apprentice.never again
                              r32 skyline gts?

Comment

Working...
                              X