X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronics Geniuses

I have one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-SC.../dp/B0015LXC44

I know it's crap, but I got bored of separates and wanted something that talked to my telly.

Anyway, it's developed a fault where after about half an hour it develops a loud buzz from the left speaker, then the right speaker, then drops to about 2/3 volume all around. Any ideas what the problem is? It sounds a bit like an earth fault and I have checked all the wires are connected up. If I give it a good old fashioned 'tap' it clears up for about ten minutes.

It's actually under guarantee, so I can take it back, but any ideas on something I should check before I bother walking to the shop carrying the f-ing thing?

Ta.

ive got one of them but with tall boy speakers.never had a problem with it,did yours come with the set up mic you plug in.it sets up the sound field automaticallyplugs in the front next to the i pod doc.try resetting that,if not could be something interfering with the wireless signal.or the speakers are to close together and getting feed back.is the wireless unit at the rear on the left hand side as you look at it.?
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
      ive got one of them but with tall boy speakers.never had a problem with it,did yours come with the set up mic you plug in.it sets up the sound field automaticallyplugs in the front next to the i pod doc.try resetting that,if not could be something interfering with the wireless signal.or the speakers are to close together and getting feed back.is the wireless unit at the rear on the left hand side as you look at it.?
      Nope, no mic. The wireless unit is at the back left but only feeds the rear speakers. Hadn't thought about interference though. Mmmmm. Could be the cordless phone.

Comment

if you pull down the i pod doc does it have the jack plug for the set up mic,top right hand corner?
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

if you pull down the i pod doc does it have the jack plug for the set up mic,top right hand corner?
          No, just a USB port.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            No, just a USB port.
            well thats buggered that then was gonna say you could borrow mine.take it back the piece of shoite.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

well thats buggered that then was gonna say you could borrow mine.take it back the piece of shoite.
              Quite. I took a kettle and a toothbrush back yesterday and got my money back. The rubbish they sell these days - I thought I'd pay top dollar and get top quality. My refund? 240 quid.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                Hadn't thought about interference though. Mmmmm. Could be the cordless phone.
                Tapping it wouldn't clear external interference. Take it back to the retailer.

Comment

why do all these systems come with built in DVD??

i already have DVD and blu-ray.... just want a decent speaker set!!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                    Tapping it wouldn't clear external interference. Take it back to the retailer.
                    Now there's a point. Seems to be better today, but it will go back when I can be arsed.

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                    why do all these systems come with built in DVD??

i already have DVD and blu-ray.... just want a decent speaker set!!
                    Try a separates system from Richer Sounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X