yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone sort me out with these two screws please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone sort me out with these two screws please?

Just wondering if anyone here, especially those who are breaking Surfs might happen to have these two screws available.

They are the ones that hold the lower plastic cubby box under the radio console. I am not sure what size they are or if they are anything other than normal black screws.

You can see where they fit in the centre of this photo:

If anyone can help, please PM me with a price inclusive of postage.

They were missing when I bought the Surf and I have never got around to asking before now.

Cheers,

Paul
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Go to your nearest auto shop and get a pair of number plate nut and bolts.
    (in black)
    The one in the passenger footwell you can hold the nut in place with two fingers behind the whole thing and put the bolt thru.
    On the drivers side, superglue the nut in place with the cubbyhole thing removed!
    And, btw the original fixings are not screws but plastic plugs with 'push in' centre pins.
    Hope this helps

Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

I had some anodised blue allen bolts lying around that fitted. I think they were M8, but there is a great possibility that I'm wrong. Didn't need a nut, as they were the same size as the metal hole, and quite simply screwed in.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
        Just wondering if anyone here, especially those who are breaking Surfs might happen to have these two screws available.

They are the ones that hold the lower plastic cubby box under the radio console. I am not sure what size they are or if they are anything other than normal black screws.

You can see where they fit in the centre of this photo:

If anyone can help, please PM me with a price inclusive of postage.

They were missing when I bought the Surf and I have never got around to asking before now.

Cheers,

Paul
        They arent screws that fit there. They are a plastic push fit plug type thing.
        Similar to the type holding on the silencing material under bonnets etc.
        Trust your Hound.

Comment

Cheers, that is really helpful
          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

They are called scrivets or screw rivets.
            Try this link or pop to your local breakers most cars have them somewhere.
            http://catalogue.jetpress.com/Produc...rWebTemplate=F

Paul1566
            Remember arrows are silent.....................
            Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

All i did was jam some plastic rawlplugs in the holes and used some black screws,
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
              X