Who KNOWS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    the bumper for the tacoma weighs 52 kilos. the varying weights for the winch could add up to an extra 50 kilos ,depending on its rating.with the weight of the fairlead and rollers this could add another 30-40 kilos...do the math.....
    So wouldn't it have been easier to say, 'without the winch and ancillaries, (if any), it should weigh approximately 52 kilos'?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      So wouldn't it have been easier to say, 'without the winch, (if any), it should weigh approximately 52 kilos'?
      no......because at first all i could find was a guy saying his set up weighed less than 300 pounds fully winched up. i only just found the weight for a tacoma bumper(which is the closest similar tapplication i could find)

anyhow do they weigh as much as an ARB ??
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

anyhow do they weigh as much as an ARB ??
        So you were never actually referring to an ARB bumper for a Tacoma then? By Christ, that's just as useless as my reply was.

Comment

So you were never actually referring to an ARB bumper for a Tacoma then? By Christ, that's just as useless as my reply was.
          Yes. Both posts i looked at (on some strange southern states forum) both reffered to a tacoma ARB bumper. The second post detailing the weight properly took some time to find, as i had to trawl through a lot of "goddamms" "mighty purtees" and "yeehaas "
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
            And Wodders supplies the answer, weigh the ruddy bumper on your bathroom scales !!!

If they can take you, they can take the weight of the bumper
            well you and wodders got it wrong again we not got any scales
            shall i borrow kids next door seesaw and put bumper on one side, and after i been and got APPROX 300 Lbs of sugar to put on other side
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Yes. Both posts i looked at (on some starnge southern staes forum) both reffered to a tacoma ARB bumper. The second post detailing the weight properly took some time to find, as i had to trawl through a lot of "goddamms" "mighty purtees" and "yeehaas "
              Yeah, but was that weight for a standard Tacoma bumper, or an ARB Tacoma bumper? If the latter, obviously they must weigh the same as an ARB bumper because they are an ARB bumper. Obviously not true if they're the former, however.

Comment

Yeah, but was that weight for a standard Tacoma bumper, or an ARB Tacoma bumper? If the latter, obviously they must weigh the same as an ARB bumper because they are an ARB bumper. Obviously not true if they're the former, however.
                that was for ARB bumpers............unlesss you know how to mount a winch directly on to a stock bumper !!
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by pops View Post
                  shall i borrow kids next door seesaw and put bumper on one side, and after i been and got APPROX 300 Lbs of sugar to put on other side
                  Nah, easier to use sacks of spuds. Less packets to faff with.

Comment

that was for ARB bumpers
                    It obviously has to weigh the same as an ARB then, with it actually being an ARB. There Gramps, that couldn't be any simpler, could it.

Comment

Nah, easier to use sacks of spuds. Less packets to faff with.
                      i Love you man but a bag of sugar is 2.2lbs or Approx 1Kg he he
                      Pops

Comment

well you and wodders got it wrong again we not got any scales
                        I was only trying to help you, you ungrateful, miserable old sod !

Why not see if the mum next door has a bathroom scale ?
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Pops, we don't know.
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                            Why not see if the mum next door has a bathroom scale ?
                            She may think he's taking the pee out of her weight if he asks her. You know what these wenches are like.

Comment

She may think he's taking the pee out of her weight if he asks her. You know what these wenches are like.
                              well she may just know the weight by just looking at it hey
                              Pops

Comment

well she may just know the weight by just looking at it hey
                                Oh, I'd love to see her response at being asked that.

Comment

Working...
                                X