Things we said in school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things we said in school

I was just blethering with Giggles about things we said, or had folk say to us at school.

My best 2 are:

When I left Woodlands High and went to Falkirk high, my form teacher took me aside and said "Cafferty, the best thing you've ever done for this school is left it!"

And once, in Woodlands, a mathematics teacher took exception to something I'd done. He got me up in front of the class and had a right go at me, he then pointed his ruler at me and said. "The person at the end of this ruler is an idiot!", my reply was "Which end?"
    Last edited by Albannach; 14 February 2009, 00:48.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    he then pointed his ruler at me and said. "The person at the end of this ruler i an idiot!", my reply was "Which end?"
    Class.

Comment

called a teacher mummy once, it was so embarrassing. i was 15 and all the other kids laughed, so did Mr. Osbourne.
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

A chap I went to school with was told to stand up in assembly once, the headmaster told the whole school '(name removed) you will never amount to anything, boy'
        A few years later that chap landed a big yellow air sea rescue helicopter on the playing field, unannounced.
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

in the town i lived in wales we had a stone cross n the whole area was known as the cross so in class teacher asked this lad who died on the cross n he said i dont know miss i was late so i came across the field

Comment

"The person at the end of this ruler is an idiot!", my reply was "Which end?"[/QUOTE]

Did it hurt?
            I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
              Did it hurt?
              6 times, but it was worth it!

Comment

I've got loads but there more of a "be there" moment. rather then just plain funny!!

I think the best one was when a bunch of kids Fresh into the first year of secondary school decieded to see if they were strong enough to pick a bench up with a fairly fat kid on.. well he was sat on side an the lifted the other .. pretty quick.. due to forces involved he went flying!

Luckily the school was made out of paper because he actually smashed a hole in the wall with his head! Couldn't believe it!

Comment

in my high school it was made for 300 - 400 people but actually more like 600 - 700 were in.
                  after assembly we were all going to class, and down the corridor i see some older kid stand up and lob something down the corridor. some other kid went AAAOOOOWWWW.
                  the next day, the headmaster had an emergency assembly to discuss the dangers of throwing this exact piece of chocolate which he had brought to assembly to show everyone. hehe
                  i can remember now when he said the words "this piece of chocolate" as he held up a piece of snickers or something
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

You should appreciate this one Andy. My English teacher (Miss Durham) wrote in my school report, 'James pays attention in class, is well behaved, and is very good on the hole'!
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                      You should appreciate this one Andy. My English teacher (Miss Durham) wrote in my school report, 'James pays attention in class, is well behaved, and is very good on the hole'!
                      Playa!!

Comment

gawd i can remember a few...
                        i was bullied at school,i was a short fat kid,head decided that rather than P.E,me and my mate could go off site to the gym,i was 13 at the time,so i went at first just once a week,then after a month was going twice a week,ended up there every other day(mostly after school),a year later i had to go back to the head teacher as i could no longer fit in the school shirt cause i had a 19 inch neck lol(which i still have now)although i'm now tall and fat!
                        also me and same mate both had c64's at school,got into copying games then atari st,we started making copies for mates etc,then we were selling them,then of course got caught,got a severe bollocking,i remember the teacher confiscating the games,2 weeks later caught said teacher playing them at lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                          Yep, that made me laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                            gawd i can remember a few...
                            i was bullied at school,i was a short fat kid,head decided that rather than P.E,me and my mate could go off site to the gym,i was 13 at the time,so i went at first just once a week,then after a month was going twice a week,ended up there every other day(mostly after school),a year later i had to go back to the head teacher as i could no longer fit in the school shirt cause i had a 19 inch neck lol(which i still have now)although i'm now tall and fat!
                            also me and same mate both had c64's at school,got into copying games then atari st,we started making copies for mates etc,then we were selling them,then of course got caught,got a severe bollocking,i remember the teacher confiscating the games,2 weeks later caught said teacher playing them at lunch
                            used to play?? we still play C64. have a whole bin full of games. cosmic causeway we had to complete using an emulator so we could save it. the untouchables - i still dont know how to play level 2!
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                              A chap I went to school with was told to stand up in assembly once, the headmaster told the whole school '(name removed) you will never amount to anything, boy'
                              A few years later that chap landed a big yellow air sea rescue helicopter on the playing field, unannounced.
                              Yer right....

he would have been slammed in the brig for that as well as losing his licence!! I will look look in the records to see if anything like this ever happened.
                              Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X