ps3 online gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ps3 online gaming

ok so finally after having my ps3 from day of release,i want to go online with it lol,more so because of the tv arriving soon but i am clueless,im on virgin and the virgin router is right next to the computer,approx 15ft from playstation,sooo wireless router???

Yep! Probably the best way to go mate. the PS3 has built in wireless.

Everything in my house is wired because my room seemed to be a wireless dead spot!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
      Yep! Probably the best way to go mate. the PS3 has built in wireless.

Everything in my house is wired because my room seemed to be a wireless dead spot!
      ok so how does that work?no dongle required?ps what bout my computer can that stay wired?

Comment

Not sure, I think the PC will need to go wireless to configure the router.

an yeah, the PS3 doesn't need a dongle!

Comment

if you got a wireless routeron pc ps3 should find it im sure its the same way on wii i went though the menu on wii n it searched for my router

Comment

so just plug dongle into pc?

Comment

go in to ps3 settings and it finds all available wireless hubs

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GENERAL View Post
                go in to ps3 settings and it finds all available wireless hubs
                n then add the number of the hub in that you use n your up n running if it same way as the wii

Comment

Most wireless routers have ports on the back to give you wired access so you dont need to change anything on the PC just get a wireless router bit of config but its not dificult stuff! and away you go!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                    Most wireless routers have ports on the back to give you wired access so you dont need to change anything on the PC just get a wireless router bit of config but its not dificult stuff! and away you go!
                    ahhh ty v much

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                      Wot he said, we have 2 wired computers, a wireless laptop and wireless kids computer downstairs, the WII on the wireless and the DS's logging through wirelessly all on the one router.

Comment

Just did my boys the other day, basically get through the menu on the ps3 till you can search for wireless networks, pick your own, it'll chuck up a box for your security (wep wpa) fill in the spaces, if you have it secured that is, click connect and off it goes. If you havent set up wireless security I'd recommend you/someone does it or you could end up being the local wifi hotspot for your street. H

Comment

will this do it?and is it any good?
                          http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=...num=1&ct=title
                          found this second hand 15 quid
                          or this one
                          http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...tle#ps-sellers
                          38 quid?
                          Last edited by darkdezigns; 28 March 2009, 17:06.

Comment

as hazzo says, jus goto the network menu, select your network and input the security codes..leave everything to 'auto' is the easiest way.

Home is getting good..slowly, add me.. an1mal_69

You can also set your PS3 up as a media centre. Basically connecting to your PC, Laptop through windows media player. This allows you to stream any music/video on your PC to your TV/Sound System through the playstation, handy..

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                              ok so finally after having my ps3 from day of release,i want to go online with it lol,more so because of the tv arriving soon but i am clueless,im on virgin and the virgin router is right next to the computer,approx 15ft from playstation,sooo wireless router???

my sons play online a lot with ps3,s you neewd a hard cable to play gaming wireless is way to slow and is open to fluctuation in drop of signal
                              i x toyoyta surf 1 x toyota supra mk3 turbo auto

Comment

Working...
                              X