Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to look out for on a three door?

hello all, new here.
    Ive just seen a Surf for sale in my local free ads paper its a 2.4 three door but theres no year given, its taxed and tested until september though.
    Just wondering what I should look out for if I go for a viewing.

My Dad owned a 92 2.4td when I was younger but had a lot of problems with it, namely pulley bearings, A/c not working and alot of electrical problems as well as the flywheel falling apart.
    I still loved it though even though some of my youth was wasted underneath the thing!!
    Now that Im older I'd quite like one of my own and this one is pretty cheap(1100euro) its done 92k miles.

Originally posted by d3v1n View Post
    hello all, new here.
    Ive just seen a Surf for sale in my local free ads paper its a 2.4 three door but theres no year given, its taxed and tested until september though.
    Just wondering what I should look out for if I go for a viewing.

My Dad owned a 92 2.4td when I was younger but had a lot of problems with it, namely pulley bearings, A/c not working and alot of electrical problems as well as the flywheel falling apart.
    I still loved it though even though some of my youth was wasted underneath the thing!!
    Now that Im older I'd quite like one of my own and this one is pretty cheap(1100euro) its done 92k miles.
    If its a 3 door its a bit rare unless its a classic 1st gen . Year will be from 1991 to about 1993ish for a 3door .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
    X