The Snow is a Lie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Snow is a Lie

Just watched the UK weather forecast, no snow in Scotland tonight or tomorrow.

So, thankfully, the inch or so (a real inch, not an exaggerated one) of snow outside at the moment, does not exist.
    Last edited by Albannach; 8 February 2009, 23:29. Reason: ,
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

They just changed the London forecast for tuesday from 'heavy snow' to 'sleet.

Comment

LOL Well said that man, i laugh at the boys who work for me say, have you seen the forecast for the day.

Comment

Theres your problem you watched the uk weather forcast you should watch your own. generally you can't go wrong with looking out the window
        www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Supposed to be raining here, its the whitest rain ive ever seen.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

About 4:30 here it snowed so hard there was about 1/2" in 10 mins! Never seen snow so heavy.

Weather forecast (observed not half a mile from here) said rain / sleet.

LOOK OUT OF THE WINDOW - MAAN!!!
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

stopped snowing now but still a inch or so on the floor

Comment

I did, and I saw whiteness, but the man on the telly said there was none. Maybe I shouldn't have had so much beer on a school night?

Comment

Aye - look out the window...
                  Many years ago my grandad made a "local weather station" by tying a brick to a piece of string and hanging it from a bird table in his garden.
                  Forcast as below..
                  brick is swinging + windy
                  brick is dry = sunny
                  brick is wet = raining
                  can't see brick = foggy
                  brick is white = frosty
                  brick has build up of white = snowing
                  100% accurate 100% of time.
                  Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

:d
                    Attached Files
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Without wanting to cause any dissent .......

my brother in law and his wife have been virtually snowed in for a week !

They live on the edge of a village near Stroud on a very steep hill, off of a tiny road - there's no way the council will get round to clearing the road and the snow is too deep to walk through let alone drive. BiL was forced to make his way up the hill over the common on Sunday to get some food from the local shop - in some places he had to crawl - when he got there he found they had virtually nothing on the shelves as the deliveries couldn't get through so he came away with some biscuits and old fruit .......

But it's not all bad - the Mother in Law is staying with them at the moment !!!!!

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

well it must have dropped at least an inch of snow within an hour last night, bout 7pm.

so we went out to the pub (only so i could play in the snow in my surf!)

Just got up and spent 15 mins defrosting the wifes car so she can go to work. as i'm still off after my knee surgery, i may have to go out and play again. as such i've not been able to go back to sleep like i have of late.

and now they're saying we may have some more tonight!!! just hope whats here doesn't defrost first.

Martin
                        Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/inde...er=accuweather
                          its better if you put you post code in

it snowed here but its only a few cm's deep
                          wow
                          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
                            Aye - look out the window...
                            Many years ago my grandad made a "local weather station" by tying a brick to a piece of string and hanging it from a bird table in his garden.
                            Forcast as below..
                            brick is swinging + windy
                            brick is dry = sunny
                            brick is wet = raining
                            can't see brick = foggy
                            brick is white = frosty
                            brick has build up of white = snowing
                            100% accurate 100% of time.
                            Aye, I've seen dozens of them. Did think about my own one when I had the big house, but nae point now that I'm in Denny; NEDs would only nick it.

And I did look out the window, my post was pure sarcasm.

To be honest, I don't see the point in a National forecast, it's never correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Without wanting to cause any dissent .......

my brother in law and his wife have been virtually snowed in for a week !

They live on the edge of a village near Stroud on a very steep hill, off of a tiny road - there's no way the council will get round to clearing the road and the snow is too deep to walk through let alone drive. BiL was forced to make his way up the hill over the common on Sunday to get some food from the local shop - in some places he had to crawl - when he got there he found they had virtually nothing on the shelves as the deliveries couldn't get through so he came away with some biscuits and old fruit .......

But it's not all bad - the Mother in Law is staying with them at the moment !!!!!

Got friends who live in Leonard Stanley just outside Stroud and they had it pretty bad, luckily the guy has a Land Cruiser 100 so could get out but you are right, the areas off the beaten track didn't get cleared, just had to wait till the thaw.

Comment

Working...
                              X