No announcement yet.

The Snow is a Lie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain in tewkesbury last night so all the snow gone.
    Bit frosty and slippy when the missus got up to walk the dogs but just wet when i went out to work. The roads not the missus.
    Found one thing out over the weekend well two actually.
    1. Avon Ranger tyres are crap in the deep snow
    2. I aint got limited slip diff's.
    Yep got her stuck in a gateway both wheels on one side merrily spinning away. Thought drive in drink coffee, make snow man, reverse out.. simple...NOT SIMPLE.....
    Managed to get her moving forward and prayed she did not get stuck further in the field before turning round going for the gateway as smoothly as possible.

Got friends up where this pic was taken near Cowley Manor and they had another 4" or so of snow last night.

Paul1566
    Last edited by Paul1566; 9 February 2009, 10:51.
    Remember arrows are silent.....................
    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post
      They live on the edge of a village near Stroud on a very steep hill, off of a tiny road - there's no way the council will get round to clearing the road and the snow is too deep to walk through let alone drive. BiL was forced to make his way up the hill over the common on Sunday to get some food from the local shop - in some places he had to crawl - when he got there he found they had virtually nothing on the shelves as the deliveries couldn't get through so he came away with some biscuits and old fruit .......
      Not Chalford is it? My dad lives off a very narrow road on a steep hill there. Come to think of it, I've not heard from him for a week.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
        Not Chalford is it? My dad lives off a very narrow road on a steep hill there. Come to think of it, I've not heard from him for a week.....

you should see if he is ok dude
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by lucky View Post
          Got friends who live in Leonard Stanley just outside Stroud and they had it pretty bad, luckily the guy has a Land Cruiser 100 so could get out but you are right, the areas off the beaten track didn't get cleared, just had to wait till the thaw.
          bet whiteshill in stroud would be brill to try get up n then upto the map at top

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post

Nah - Amberley

BiL told me that he had a 4x4 but he lied - it's a Gaylander .....

(I'm currently investigating options for a legal separation from the in-laws )

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
              http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/inde...er=accuweather
              its better if you put you post code in

it snowed here but its only a few cm's deep
              wow
              thanks for putting that one up, it even gives me a heads up for my arthritis - should have taken more pain relief this morning!
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

Working...
              X