Red diesel - again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red diesel - again

I've just been offered a drum of red diesel (208 litres) from my employer as we have got rid of a big genny we used to use so no longer need it, and storing it / disposing of it is going to cost.

If I get in touch with C&E and pay the duty on it, and presumably get some sort of receipt to say I have, I guess I could legally use it?

Has anyone here done such a thing?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

ECHO....echo....

Comment

For the sake of one barrel, i'd just shove it in.

Its not like you have a constant supply & are being dodgy by not telling C&E.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
        For the sake of one barrel, i'd just shove it in.

Its not like you have a constant supply & are being dodgy by not telling C&E.
        But it stains forever, so if they check at some point in the future and find it; bye bye truck...
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

just change the fuel filter afterwards if you're that paranoid that you'll get stopped...

don't think they'd be interested in the money and how could you prove you'd only used that barrel?

make sure that there's no water in it, we have terrible trouble with water in our barrels of red.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I offloaded 71,000 liters of Gas Oil yesterday, at 60 liters per week, it would last me almost 23 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              I offloaded 71,000 liters of Gas Oil yesterday, at 60 liters per week, it would last me almost 23 years.

23 years?... you'll be dead by then!... or in the guinness book!

hehehe!!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                23 years?... you'll be dead by then!... or in the guinness book!

hehehe!!
                At least I've reached this age, any more comments like that and you won't...

Comment

Aint there any additives to red diesel going around to make t clear, if it was me, i would take as much red as possible. if they catch u, its an excuse for a new motor

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                    Aint there any additives to red diesel going around to make t clear, if it was me, i would take as much red as possible. if they catch u, its an excuse for a new motor

Comment

Just noticed two threads, go to the other one, muppet me as usual

Comment

Working...
                      X