yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaking of one eyed Scottish idiots....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of one eyed Scottish idiots....

Who though this one up then?
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2517668.ece
    it's in me shed, mate.

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
    Wasn't it Thatcher who mooted that first? Around the same time as she announced the inception of the CSA I think. It was industry who put the block on it back then (they'd have to administrate it and send the money to the Government).
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      Wasn't it Thatcher who mooted that first? Around the same time as she announced the inception of the CSA I think. It was industry who put the block on it back then (they'd have to administrate it and send the money to the Government).
      Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't aware that she is still in charge..
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Given the current financial climate, "bl00dy idiots!!!!!

Cheers, Nick
        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
          Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't aware that she is still in charge..
          Correct, she's not in charge now and she wasn't in charge on September 24, 2007.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
            Given the current financial climate, "bl00dy idiots!!!!!

Cheers, Nick
            Bizarre, isn't it? On one hand there are massive hand outs to keep the failing auto industry in business, and on the other hand there are new and inventive penalties to people who use their cars rather than get (often inadequate) public transport. Where I live, there's a train from 5 minutes away to 10 minutes from my work. It costs twice as much as driving a small car and, except in rush hour, takes twice as long.

Surely there should be some consistency? Either allow the collapse of car manufacturing, encourage people NOT to buy new cars and send the subsidies towards creating usable, flexible and most of all CHEAP public transport, or prop up the car industry, and allow people to carry on using cars as they wish. Trying to have it both ways seems to be a classic spineless balls-up.

If the first was done, and suddenly you could get from home to work cheaper, with less hassle and reliably on public tranport, you'd probably very quickly find similar or greater numbers of people gratefully using the public transport.
            Andy
            http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

It is already in place here... early 2008 the University introduced a £1.26 per day parking fee for staff to encourage them onto public transport.
              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                Correct, she's not in charge now and she wasn't in charge on September 24, 2007.
                I do apologise, I heard this on the radio this morning, anf used the first link of found without checking the date. Here is a nice shiny new one.
                http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...-Commerce.html
                does that help decide if this is a good idea or not?
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Last edited by yoshie; 6 February 2009, 17:17.
                  Brian

Comment

Use public transport? only as a last resort.
                    To get to and from my last job it took approx 30 mins each way and about 1/2 a gallon of fuel . The same journey was 3 buses 90 mins each way minimum and arround £7.50 a day in fares......................... ...now I wonder which one shall I useI know Ill use the cheapest warmest fastest and most efficiant means for me . MY CAR. Just the same as the half witted idiots who dream up such schemes. I doubt if they could count past ten unless they took thier shoes and socks off.
                    I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

If you work for local government you get free parking. How well they look after themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X