No announcement yet.

Deep Snow!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been for a drive over lunch. Found some country lanes at the back of Leigh Sinton which hadn't been driven today. Really beautiful!

Even on top of the Malverns, the roads are passable with care, though if it freezes tonight, tomorrow morning will be lethal!

Anyone for studded tyres? The Kumhos on my other wheels are 'stud ready'
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post

Talking of schools only time when i was a kid in welwyn garden city ,and we didn't have school was when the oil lorry could not get to the school so we had no heating.....
      Prior to that we still walked in and had to defrost the triangle cartons of milk before we had morning breakPaul1566
      I remember those milk cartons! I used to love it

Times I got sent home from school - heating failure, someone set fire to the sports hall, bomb scare, someone set fire to the science block... Went to school in a tougher part of the liverpool outskirts
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        I remember those milk cartons! I used to love it

Times I got sent home from school - heating failure, someone set fire to the sports hall, bomb scare, someone set fire to the science block... Went to school in a tougher part of the liverpool outskirts
        Andy you weren't just sent home you were suspended for doing it in the first place
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Schools round here are all closed today...so the kids have been having fun sledging today.

My normal 1/2 hour journey through the back lanes of Warks took 1 1/2 hours today.....mainly because I went the 'scenic' route. Only one incident to report in the whole 27 miles- VW Golf in the hedge already being recovered by a farmer.

Top quality snow though- ideal for sledging/snowballs/snowmen!

Comment

Lro

I walked the dog in a lovely quiet spot out of town,
            its behind The Althorp (Diana's brother) estate Northamptonshire.

We came back to the car park to find a Suzuki Vitara
            heavily off the the tarmac, and into a field,
            Got me tow-strap in the back for emergencies, so hooked him up.

Despite the fact his car seemed to contain a large familly including an alsation in the back, none of them seemed inclined to get out and push,
            the (Father) kept whittling on...

"its 4WD so why it got stuck I dunno"

anyway a bit of a yank off mine got them out OK.

We drove off carefully down the road as I couldn't actually see the verge,
            when presently a chap stepped out from his parked Ford, to warn me that "round the next bend, there's a landrover stuck, but now ravelling up his wire rope so take care"

Sure enough at that moment what can best be described as
            Camel safari cup-lite Discovery rumbled around the bend.

He didn't stop. but the impression I got was of:
            tractor tyres,
            some stickers,
            definitely a winch on the bumper,

Apparently he had first attempted to tow the Ford up what is actually
            a pretty mildly inclined & (surfaced road)

this had failed, and the Ford had unhooked and turned back,
            then the Disco driver had run out of talent and come off the road all by himself

Hilux made it without any drama and left turned onto main road a mile further on.

All the gear no idea not especially aimed at the LR community
            ....ah what the hell why not

Comment

Working...
            X