Deep Snow!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Snow!!!!

At last a decent snowfall.....time to go and play!

we've had an unexpected inch this mornin, but i want more!!!!

i fear though it has wafted past us already and we won't be gettin any more.

Martin
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Looks like about 3" in Malvern at low levels!

I thought this stuff was a myth!!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

3"- 4" in tewkesbury, oh what fun it is 4 wheel drifting in the snow....
        Shame part of your driving test was to do with snow, specially when you see all the little girlies driving corsa's and stuff with just the smallest scrapping off of the snow so they can see out the front and all the rear lights still covered......not that i drive that close i cannot visually see her slowing down but would be nice to know she has applied the foot brake and is now clinching her butt muscles as she slides out across the oncoming traffic...

Paul1566
        Remember arrows are silent.....................
        Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Hey paul it's not just the girlies in their Corsa's etc most of the 4wd Girlies owners round here ain't got a clue what 4wd is /does either !!!!

There's always a Payback .... It always takes longer than five minutes !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Got about 2-3 inches of snow in Cheltenham. Council still haven't been out salting the roads but there was hardly any traffic about when I was walking to work this morning.

Also local school seems to be closed. Daft. I remember walking about 3 miles to school in 63 when there was a few feet of snow around in Bristol. Kids these days are a bunch of pansies.
            Mike G

Comment

Snowed in up this end as well. Took me 1/2 hour to get home this morning from work.

Comment

Left home headed for watford at 4:30 this morning and just got back home after doing uturn on M40 at junction11.

No way i would have got to site on time for 7:30 so got to "work" from home now.

Anyone seen any snow around here Time for some fun methinks

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts View Post
                  we've had an unexpected inch this mornin, but i want more!!!!
                  I'm resisting....................

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman View Post
                    Also local school seems to be closed. Daft. I remember walking about 3 miles to school in 63 when there was a few feet of snow around in Bristol. Kids these days are a bunch of pansies.
                    It's not the kids. It's those ###### pansy teachers. The wench phoned the high school this morning to check they were open. Yup, they said. They've just sent all of the kids home. Hell, we wouldn't want the ###### teachers to get stuck would we. Yeah, right. Useless ########s.

Comment

tbh, the wife's a teacher and she would have loved a day off.

the problems is the "where there's blame there's a claim" culture.

the schools are worried that if someone got hurt on an unsalted bit, or got hit with a snowball with a stone in the middle (we've all done it!), then the schoo would be in trouble. So they just shut them.

the wifey went in today anyway, gotta check if the dinosaur egg has hatched fully.

Martin
                      Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Took me 20 minutes to do 3 miles to work, mainly because of people who think that when the front wheels on your (insert small front wheel drive car here) start to spin, the solution is to rev the knackers off it until you slide across the road sideways thus blocking it for everyone else.

Quite happy with the BFG ATs. Went up some steepish inclined roads with good traction and positive steering when all around me were sliding about and not making any forward progress

If I didn't have to get to work I would have helped them out, honest!

ALL schools in Worcestershire closed - including the college, so the wife's nightschool is out of the window too. They're at home making snowmen in the garden
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts View Post
                          tbh, the wife's a teacher and she would have loved a day off.

the problems is the "where there's blame there's a claim" culture.

the schools are worried that if someone got hurt on an unsalted bit, or got hit with a snowball with a stone in the middle (we've all done it!), then the schoo would be in trouble. So they just shut them.

the wifey went in today anyway, gotta check if the dinosaur egg has hatched fully.

Martin
                          It wasn't intended to be a personal dig. It's just that the schools around here employ absolute pillocks. They really do want shooting. For example, Dawn has just come home with the little one in tow too. If she hadn't had to nip out, she wouldn't have even known they were sending them home. No phone call or anything. They really are just pillocks over this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman View Post
                            Got about 2-3 inches of snow in Cheltenham. Council still haven't been out salting the roads but there was hardly any traffic about when I was walking to work this morning.

Yea n in 1963 the Dustman, Milkman, still got through without the help of the Councils then too ...

There's always a Payback .... It always takes longer than five minutes !!!!
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

It appears to be melting in cheltenham, next thing they will be warning us that its gunna flood and tewkesbury will be under 200ft of water....

Tallyman seven bends was fun this morning, will see how many are in the ditches on my way home tonight....especially the first left going back to tewkesbury, seen the staddlestones van in there 3 times last year and it wasn't even icy or snowy when he went in, problem is every one stays on the gas as they bear off the main road onto the ungritted bit straight into a nice 90degree left.....

Talking of schools only time when i was a kid in welwyn garden city ,and we didn't have school was when the oil lorry could not get to the school so we had no heating.....
                              Prior to that we still walked in and had to defrost the triangle cartons of milk before we had morning break......think we still had to wear our shorts though, no trousers for us till big school.....
                              Teachers even took us out to build igloo's and snow men......
                              My misus was a preschool teacher type person and she says its all to do with stopping little chardonay sliping on the ice and her mum suing the school....

Paul1566
                              Remember arrows are silent.....................
                              Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Working...
                              X