X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Car Entertainment

I noticed a few members have fitted these or similar large 2 din units

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=280291537542

I'm sure the audio video is fine, but is the GPS navigation as good as say a Garmin or Tom Tom

Back in the day Baby

It says GPS compatible, most of the blurb in the ad is for the antenna, not the software - I assume you add your chosen GPS product to it, via CD/DVD/SD card - so TomTom or Garmin may just load onto it - looks like a mini PC to me
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Yes ..I think somewhereI spotted it asks for what region you live in and an SD card with the map data is supplied. But I was just wondering if its a user friendly as a Garmin or Tom Tom.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

They're sh!t. Seriously sh!t, more sh!t than a sh!tty thing in a bucket of sh!t from sh!tsville.

Buy a 'brand', from Japan maybe, but I wouldn't buy an electrical appliance direct from China.

If it were the only place to get a medical ventilator when I needed one I'd sooner shove a pair of bellows up my arse and bounce around on a space hopper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
          They're sh!t. Seriously sh!t, more sh!t than a sh!tty thing in a bucket of sh!t from sh!tsville.

Buy a 'brand', from Japan maybe, but I wouldn't buy an electrical appliance direct from China.

If it were the only place to get a medical ventilator when I needed one I'd sooner shove a pair of bellows up my arse and bounce around on a space hopper.
          Thats a ' NO ' then I take it?
          That'll fit!

Comment

A bit extreme the reply above.

I would agree to a point but I would say you get what you pay for.

the graphics are pretty poor but if you aint that botherred about it looking really opretty and just want all the functionality then its fine.

I have had about 3 different stereos from china or similar places over the years as well as a couple of really nice sony's and pioneers. they all do the trick, the sound quality is better straight out the tin from the decent makes but with a bit of playing around with the cheap ones they are good.

The gps software they come with is average but not great, it does not do postcodes so you have to know street names. the radio is fine and easy to set up and I actually think its auto frequency find thing is good. the dvd is a dvd player, no issues there, the sd card reader for music is great and easy to use, ipod interface also easy to use, (infact having the big screen makes it better than the pioneer unit i have in another car which takes me about 3 weeks to find what i want to listen too). I have not tried the usb yet but I bet its exactly like the sd so will be fine. I did not get the tv interface as I cant be ar5ed and i have not hooked up my reverse camera but as it will work like the dvd that will be fine. the thing i really like is the bluetooth to car stereo, this works really well (I have a blackberry) much better than the pioneer again.

All in all for 200 quid, (I think I payed 195!!!!!) its not bad value. when you add up how much you would spend on a gps, bluetooth kit, ipod interface, sd/usb iunterface and a in car dvd player.

Yes it wont be anywhere near a 700 quid unit which is how much the decent double dins are but who cares, with the road niose and everything else I like them as a poor mans alternative.

Oh and installation is really easy!!!!!

I want to change the software to tomtom for the sat nav but as i had a baby 6 weeks ago I just needed the thing in the car working!!!!

Comment

Aggree with Dodge to a point and more with Truckarms, i got an earler version (no GPS) and it's works ok (ish) graffics are bland but not a prob, fitted with a didgital ariel and a freeview box the whole thing aint too bad, also fitted the rev camera to it and thats fine, rely on a tom tom for me gps,
              only (main prob) with it was it dont power up the rear speakers (amps) so rewireing is req when i get round to it, they also hae the connections for extra monitors (in the headrest perhaps) just plug em in, in the end you get what you pay for but as i'm mostly skint it'll do for me, pity i seem to live in a ###### poor reception area, drive to my daughters 1/2 mile away and the pics great,
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
              X