Not the best of weekends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the best of weekends

Ok this may turn into a rant essay so I appologise in advance, but here goes.
    It all started on Saturday when myself, mrs chaos and a few friends went to Cornwall for the weekend. Had a great time until it was time to go home on sunday, when discovered a lot of fluid pooling around the rear passenger's side wheel. After waiting 4 hours in a pub in Bodmin the RAC pointed out that the fluid was differential oil and I would need recovering home. However, because it was getting late there would be no chance of getting a driver to do the hole trip back. So waited another hour for a recovery truck to deliver a courtesy car to get us home and then take my truck to a storage compound in Liskard. During that time went to a take away and got chicken, which was welcomed food at the time but gave us upset stomachs on monday. So eventually the courtesy car arrived and my truck was carted away. The courtesy car turned out to be a T reg vauxhall Zafira with 169000 miles on it and making a lovely wheel bearing groan. But hey it got us home at 1am Monday morning.
    So onto Monday, woke up feeling sick from last night's chicken and exhausted from the late night. Also found we were snowed in and couldn't get into work. So Monday was written off and went back to bed.
    Curently talking to recovery firm and they will return my truck as soon as the weather gets better and they can spare a driver to go from Liskard to Poole.
    At least though I've got a car to get around in for now, but when they return my truck they'll take the courtesy car back. So have to find something to drive while I sort out getting truck fixed.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Apart from that you had a good time tho
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      Apart from that you had a good time tho
      yep, came back with more pasties

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
        After waiting 4 hours in a pub in Bodmin
        "Pub Carpark" That sounds familiar Jason !!
        Hope you n Mrs Chaos n ya Truck make a swift recovery unlike the recovery crew ....
        Get well soon all ..

There's always a Payback .... It always takes longer than five minutes !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
          "Pub Carpark" That sounds familiar Jason !!
          Hope you n Mrs Chaos n ya Truck make a swift recovery unlike the recovery crew ....
          Get well soon all ..

yeah getting a reputation now lol. Both Mrs Chaos and myself are felling much better, I'm considering my membership to RAC because of the disapointment. They kept ringing to say someone will be there within the hour, only problem they said the same thing an hour ago lol
          Truck will be returned either tomorow or Thursday, so anyone on the road between Liskard and Poole keep an eye out

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
            yeah getting a reputation now lol. Both Mrs Chaos and myself are felling much better, I'm considering my membership to RAC because of the disapointment. They kept ringing to say someone will be there within the hour, only problem they said the same thing an hour ago lol
            Truck will be returned either tomorow or Thursday, so anyone on the road between Liskard and Poole keep an eye out
            Try Britannia Rescue.The longest I,ve ever waited was 45mins. It might be expensive though. I get a discount through the CSMA.

Good luck getting your surf fixed. Brummie
            I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
              Try Britannia Rescue.The longest I,ve ever waited was 45mins. It might be expensive though. I get a discount through the CSMA.

Good luck getting your surf fixed. Brummie
              Yeah definately try Britania Rescue ...(wiv em 14 years n only ever waited 15 minutes) if you or any of the family are/were Civil Servants (£84 for 2 @4x4's)
              Good Luck Jason

Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                Yeah definately try Britania Rescue ...(wiv em 14 years n only ever waited 15 minutes) if you or any of the family are/were Civil Servants (£84 for 2 @4x4's)
                Good Luck Jason

hmm sounds like a change is needed then.

Comment

Yeah Jason there HQ was in your (backyard) Home town until recently ....
                  now at...
                  St George's Square
                  Huddersfield
                  West Yorks
                  HD1 1JF
                  Tel. 0845 640 5405

www.britanniarescue.com

There's always a Payback .... it always takes longer than five minutes !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

all i'd add is remember we/us/recovery firms do get busy,we/they only have so many drivers etc,plus with yr truck coming back that way,it is kind of difficult up until they changed the law you would have had no probs and been straight back but now recovery drivers are classed the same as every other lgv driver,not emergency service anymore,unless you stay within a 60 mile radius of base,it is very very difficult,if u do want to change,then as above or greenflag,and im not biast we work for the aa,rac,greenflag,brittania,and police

Comment

That sounds like the wheel bearing gone, not a very nice Job to do yourself unless you have a press and heat.

I drove around for many months with that fault, but the longer you wait the more of a mess you will find in the hub.

If you want someone local 12 months ago SVS who do know Hi-Lux's quoted £70 a side Inc Parts. (wish I used them after doing it myself)

"Snowed in"

EDIT thinking back, it was £70 Inc Seals + Bearings
                      Last edited by 24Seven; 3 February 2009, 19:46.
                      I Love Wales

Comment

Working...
                      X