No announcement yet.

Emigrating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't do it Vince - America is nice in small doses - it's the same crap, different location, no NHS, all your medical stuff will need paying for- which makes for an expensive life if you have accidents, children etc unless you work for someone that can provide insurance, the people are largely nuts, although they seem nice to start with - police all have guns, and so do almost all of the criminals, the legal system is mental, and 2 million people are over 40 stone!

I like the US, but would never live there, anywhere in the US - Florida is full of octagenarian idiots, the further north you go, the smarter they get, but the weather gets colder, the further west, the madder they get, and stay away from the middle bit - everyone looks the same, for a reason....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
      Don't do it Vince - America is nice in small doses - it's the same crap, different location, no NHS, all your medical stuff will need paying for- which makes for an expensive life if you have accidents, children etc unless you work for someone that can provide insurance, the people are largely nuts, although they seem nice to start with - police all have guns, and so do almost all of the criminals, the legal system is mental, and 2 million people are over 40 stone!

I like the US, but would never live there, anywhere in the US - Florida is full of octagenarian idiots, the further north you go, the smarter they get, but the weather gets colder, the further west, the madder they get, and stay away from the middle bit - everyone looks the same, for a reason....

Comment

thats how pathetic the U.S. population is perceived in this country (and worldwide pretty much) that the ginger git in that post up there has the nerve to laugh at them too!
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
          thats how pathetic the U.S. population is perceived in this country (and worldwide pretty much) that the ginger git in that post up there has the nerve to laugh at them too!
          Hell, as you say, if you, (the living proof of inbreeding), and I, (the ginner dildo), can take the mick out of 'em, you just know it's bad.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
            Hell, as you say, if you, (the living proof of inbreeding), and I, (the ginner dildo), can take the mick out of 'em, you just know it's bad.
            what's a GINNER?

Comment

any reason not to stop here
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

what's a GINNER?
                The devilishly handsome git you've asked that question of.

Comment

you must have those funny mirrors in your house then. you know the ones, they make fat birds think they look good in tops and bottoms that highlight just how horrid they are. vicky pollard for example come to think of it - she's a ginger too. me see a pattern!

Comment

I work with Americans all the time, and, on the whole, those I work with are great people, friendly, intelligent, etc. but I would never move there - I just don't like it for long periods of time. Every town looks the same, with a few exceptions, the cost of living isn't necessarily lower - it's just in comparison to our prices for things, even with the exchange rate where it is, it looks cheaper, but if you get a job for $80,000 (£56,000) your taxes and such wouldn't be far off what they are here, then depending on which state you go to, you'll get purchase tax at different rates - lots of things seem cheaper when you're there on holiday, but if you lived there and were paid local salary, then it may not look quite as cheap. Yes, there's lovely scenery, and canyons, rivers, skyscrapers...blah blah blah, but it's still full of ######s! Did you ever watch Ally McBeal??? Its a documentary on the American legal system, not a fictional TV show....
                    I've spent ages in the US, probably over two years in the last 15 in stages, work and pleasure - and I can leave it - and just couldn't live there - not permanently - they need signs pointing at a fecking great white line on the road, under traffic lights, telling them to stop at the line - and they still miss it! Enough said!

Comment

i have alot of family in the US. scattered throughout Maine mostly, or mainly!

but that's hardly a glowing reference!

Comment

i have alot of family in the US. scattered throughout Maine mostly, or mainly!

but that's hardly a glowing reference!
                        New England, oddly, is my favourite part of the US - despite having been mugged in Boston, I prefer there to any other area - I like the people, places, place names (makes me feel at home) and the weather ranges - the smaller towns are nicer and less similar there too - if I had to, I could stay there, but not for good - it's just Americans....and the rising costs of eveything there - it's not all utopia, it's just different scenary, accents and names for stuff...oh, yeah - lots more stuff to choose from of course!

Comment

you can hear the british + european roots in the accents the closer to canada you are. which is nice, warmer tones and not that nasally, whiney kind of thing they got in the more southerly states.

Comment

Exactly!!

So Vincenzo - if you are gonna go, go up there and not LV, LV is for gays and weirdos New England is the nice bit, you can sunbathe and ski!

Comment

Aus would be my choice if i was younger, beautiful dirverse country, and their more like us than we are,
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I was there wakeboarding on lake mead 2 yrs ago, fantastic place

Comment

Working...
                                X