Emigrating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emigrating.

Can anyone give me any reason/s why emigrating to the USA would be a bad idea?
    Looking at house prices in and around Las Vegas the other night and for what you can get for just under 200k is sooo tempting, nice and warm too.
    We want to move house next year anyway, nothing holding us here in the UK.

yeah youd miss us lot lol

Comment

Vince, as you know I've spent a lot of time out there in various places, though LV isn't one of them, and no, I cant think of a reason not to go.

£250k buys a 4 bed detatched beachfront place with a pool in some parts of Florida
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

It's full of Americans, they drive on the wrong side of the road and isn't Las Vegas really cold in the winter?
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

LV not that far northwest of somewhere I HAVE been, which was chilly but not super cold at night in February, but 20 ish C during the day.

Deserts are generally cold at night though.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            It's full of Americans, they drive on the wrong side of the road and isn't Las Vegas really cold in the winter?
            Yeah but it's a dry cold, not like wet smelly Wales.

Comment

You cant move there..

Because you'd have a feckin awesome truck an i'd be jealous an start spelling your username bushwacker...

Ok! Cr*p reason...

Do it!

Just take photos! LOTS an LOTS of photos!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Can anyone give me any reason/s why emigrating to the USA would be a bad idea?
                Looking at house prices in and around Las Vegas the other night and for what you can get for just under 200k is sooo tempting, nice and warm too.
                We want to move house next year anyway, nothing holding us here in the UK.
                What Albannach said. It's full of Americans. I also find it hellishly boring and there's no pubs.

Comment

Oh shit yeah... no pubs

Mind you, that wont bother you.

The TV is also completely dreadful with 5 minute ad breaks every 5 minutes.

On the plus side, cost of living is VERY cheap if you are in the south-west, the weather is fantastic if you like being outside, and quality of life for educated working white people is excellent and FAR better than in the UK.

Comment

Only sand, no mud. But if you do go I would be willing to look after your truck.

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      educated working white people
                      In the US?

Comment

I've been seriously thinking about moving to Malta, warm most of the time, drive on the right side of the road, they have pubs, they speak English...

Cost of living is lower than here, but Maltese wages are low too, €6,500 PA for a 40 hour week as a delivery driver!
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

At the end of the day only you can decide whats best for you & the family.
                          Your bound to get alot of positives & negative no matter where you plan to live, wether it be US, CANADA, AUS, everyone you speak to will say good & bad thing about every country in the world.

As long as you do your homework & plan it right, im sure you will make the right choice no matter where you go.

P.S
                          can i have first refusal on the beast if you go.
                          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                            What Albannach said. It's full of Americans. I also find it hellishly boring and there's no pubs.
                            That'll do for me then.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                              In the US?
                              I see what you did there...

Comment

Working...
                              X