Emigrating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
    HMMM I DO ACTUALLY HAVE FAMILY ALL OVER CANADA TOO,DONT REALLY TALK TO THEM,MAY BE WORTH STARTING,I WONDER IF U CAN STILL GET IN WITH FAMILY TIES....
    If I met their entrance requirements, anyone can!
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

HMMM I DO ACTUALLY HAVE FAMILY ALL OVER CANADA TOO,DONT REALLY TALK TO THEM,MAY BE WORTH STARTING,I WONDER IF U CAN STILL GET IN WITH FAMILY TIES....
      I think you'll need the shirt and trousers too.

Comment

My son lives in Wales, and HAS to take Welsh as one of his 'options'

Now THAT really does p*ss me off! He could be doing something useful in that hour he's forced to waste learning a language he hates to take an exam he's likely to fail in a language he's never going to use!

If I was gonna go, first choice would be New Mexico, second choice Arizona, third choice Nevada. Area 51 is never where they say it is anyway White Sands Missile Range is just as weird as area 51!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

hmm i have family in canada,dont really talk to them tho,may i should start,wonder if u can still get in on families ties
          Too late with the edit.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Too late with the edit.
            ty lol

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              Area 51 is never where they say it is anyway
              Do they move it around?

Comment

Yes, it's something like Area 76.3 now
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Nae wonder I couldn't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    Yes, it's something like Area 76.3 now
                    Area 51 does'nt exist does it.
                    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                      Area 51 does'nt exist does it.

Type 'Groom lake' into Google Earth.

Comment

I've lived in Oz, spent a lot of time in NZ and visited the US and Canada. In all seriousness, I liked them all and would take my family to Oz or NZ at the drop of a hat. Canada and US I find the people too weird though.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          Type 'Groom lake' into Google Earth.
                          Like i said, it does'nt exist.
                          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

We had 4 days in Seattle( Washington state) and then toured Oregon State for two weeks. This was in June last year. It was our first visit to the the US and won't be our last, it's a fabulous place and the locals were nice friendly and helpfull folk.
                            They do have Pubs in Oregon, and quite a lot are micro brewers with a choice of real ales. IPA's Porters and Bitters, not your usuall lager Budd cr@p.

The weather is what you would call mixed, up in the high ground at Crater Lake the snow was still at roof hight in places, yet down on the Rogue River the tempature was in the 80's.

Oregon is a superb place to meet real Americans and that includes the natives. As for things to do........just about every outdoor activity you could think of.

I just wish I had visited about 30 years ago. It's a bit late for me to emigrate now at the age of 53, now saving my pennys to go next year.

Comment

GO.....

Don't stay here just go....

I am trying to talk Deb's into going to either Canada or NZ....
                              She wud like NZ but to far she says... so I might have to settle for Canada...
                              (because of her mum..... the further the better if u ask me)

I lived in Australia for a few years and I'd go back anyday I miss my life there it was great never been "homesick" or really missed a place and/ or friends until I left Aussie.....

Anyway she is now considering Canada so we'll see.... But if u can don't stay here and just go....
                              One day at the time I guess..

Comment

just go vince...but las vegas !!

not the safest place in the world. between lv and reno i believe they have one of the highest crime rates anywhere.the (rural)mid west is awfully nice but very cold in winter/very hot in summer with the real possibility of tornados etc. i always fancied colorado...its just stunning
                                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X