No announcement yet.

Emigrating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vince... are you american?! I swear i've seen a couple of posts where you refer to yourself as an american or something along those lines.. but i'm probably totally wrong!

Comment

[QUOTE=si tate;525132]

As long as you do your homework & plan it right, im sure you will make the right choice no matter where you go.QUOTE]

We're both excellent planers and logistics..ers.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
        Vince... are you american?! I swear i've seen a couple of posts where you refer to yourself as an american or something along those lines.. but i'm probably totally wrong!
        Well my great grandfather was from Nebraska, so maybe that explains why I've always had an affinity for the states since I was a kid.
        I'm from Reading, Bershire by the way.

Comment

I dont think you'll find the heat you seem to be looking for in Nebraska Vince!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

[quote=BUSHWHACKER;525142]
            Originally posted by si tate View Post

As long as you do your homework & plan it right, im sure you will make the right choice no matter where you go.QUOTE]

We're both excellent planers and logistics..ers.
            Go for it then, cos as soon as we get the chance we're off, no if's or but's.

Can't wait to leave this sh!t hole of a country behind us.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              I dont think you'll find the heat you seem to be looking for in Nebraska Vince!
              Ooh no, too cold up there. It's just one big field of crops there isn't it?

Comment

Do they do crops that far north?

Or just ice hockey?

A while back I was looking at jobs out there. Avionics engineer at Albquerque 'Sunport'. Something like $80k a year, somewhere where you can buy an acre for $1000, and planning permission hasn't been invented. Only thing that stops me is a son who doesn't live with me.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Vince, I've only been to a few places in the US - Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis (stunning place).

You'll find that once you are out of the cities its a great place - but different to the UK.

I went to Canada for a couple of weeks (years ago) and that is a place I'd live. Its like the US + UK, all the best bits really.

I'm going to New Zealand in a few days so I'll report back what that is like OK?

I have Craig's long term educational 'Welshness' to consider btw
                  Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Only thing that stops me is a son who doesn't live with me.
                    My son is one of the reasons I'd go!
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

. Only thing that stops me is a son who doesn't live with me.
                      Andy, I think you would find that if you lived anywhere near Area 51 (well, anywhere in the States) he'd be living with you!

LV vs AZ?

Comment

id move to canada or US if i had the funds

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
                          Vince, I've only been to a few places in the US - Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis (stunning place).

You'll find that once you are out of the cities its a great place - but different to the UK.

I went to Canada for a couple of weeks (years ago) and that is a place I'd live. Its like the US + UK, all the best bits really.

I'm going to New Zealand in a few days so I'll report back what that is like OK?

I have Craig's long term educational 'Welshness' to consider btw
                          We thought about NZ but their accent would really start to irritate me after a couple of days.
                          Apologies to any Kiwis reading this, but you do talk weird!

p.s. Craig has been wearing his Wales ruby shirt recently too.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                            id move to canada or US if i had the funds
                            I'd not get in to the US, but I did the Canada test last year and passed it!
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              p.s. Craig has been wearing his Wales ruby shirt recently too.
                              He was born in Wales and his Mam is Welsh too - so there's lovely!

I'll have a chat to the management to get his trial sorted for the rugby team lol

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                                I'd not get in to the US, but I did the Canada test last year and passed it!
                                hmm i have family in canada,dont really talk to them tho,may i should start,wonder if u can still get in on families ties

Comment

Working...
                                X