What happened was.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened was.........

My son was diagnosed with tonsillitis on Monday, and has been taking a course of penicillin, he seemed to be improving as the week has gone on. Today after i left for work he has been crying most of the time, and a rash appeared on the lower part of his torso, the wife contacted the out of hours medical service and was told to do the glass test, which did not clear, so we panicked, as you do. I got home as fast as i could (30 miles) and when i got home the rash was all round the back of his head and ears, and we had trouble waking him.
    Anyway took him to hospital and they did a check up, by this time he was running around laughing and playing, the docs checked him and said it was just a heat rash.
    But another thing we have to watch is, that cos his mum is allergic to penicillin, he may be allergic too, so that may cause a rash too.
    Anyway we are at ease now after a bit of a scare.
    Don't you just love kids, and this is my fourth...... NO BL00DY MORE..
    Hope this did not bore you too much, but i know you are a caring bunch and would want to know.
    Cheers
    A very relieved Ian and Tracey...
    Working at last.......

glad all is well now......
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
      glad all is well now......
      Cheers...........
      Working at last.......

Comment

That was great news old bean .........the trouble is we have the jitters after the op on nights

still at least you can sleep sound tonight
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I am not a dad yet....
          But not long now.... and after seeing yet another scan today (29 weeks because she is so tiny BMI or something) I can imagine the scare......
          One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Great to hear the news.
            Theres nothing like kids to prove that adrenalin is brown
            I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Glad to hear the little fellas doing ok!!

I cant imagine the fear or concern you must've felt.

Glad you were one of the lucky ones mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
                Great to hear the news.
                Theres nothing like kids to prove that adrenalin is brown
                That and a white knuckel ride home with lurch .......

the anoying thing was this range rover pulled out infront of us then played silly buggers on the brakes , just what you need in this situation
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Yeah! Thats the time you wonder just how much dammage a little nudge will do to your front end
                  I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

FOUR?!?!

Slow learner then?

We've got two, and then I was in the jaffa queue!
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      FOUR?!?!

Slow learner then?

We've got two, and then I was in the jaffa queue!
                      Will be getting the snip as soon as my doctors pull there fingers out of there bum holes........................
                      Then i can play......................
                      Working at last.......

Comment

thanks for all your words of support.............
                        Working at last.......

Comment

Phew glad the poor chap is ok. That happened to my son when he was 18 did the glass test did'nt clear did a few more tests and was advised to get him straight to casualty where we were met by 5 nurses and 2 doctors who immediatly injected him with 12 syringes of antibiotics. Turned out it was meningitous the nasty one as well. I'll attempt to spell it Melingalcokel. He spent a week in hospital and we nearly lost him, but he's a 24 year old body builder now and a super son who has allways made us proud.
                          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                            Phew glad the poor chap is ok. That happened to my son when he was 18 did the glass test did'nt clear did a few more tests and was advised to get him straight to casualty where we were met by 5 nurses and 2 doctors who immediatly injected him with 12 syringes of antibiotics. Turned out it was meningitous the nasty one as well. I'll attempt to spell it Melingalcokel. He spent a week in hospital and we nearly lost him, but he's a 24 year old body builder now and a super son who has allways made us proud.
                            The doctor told us last night that the rash is the final symptom before they die.
                            Working at last.......

Comment

Glad to hear mini you is OK Ian! Must have needed new pants for a while there!
                              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
                              X