Kzn185 '96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kzn185 '96

Hi guys, I recently bought a blue over silver KZN185 Nov '96 3.0 ltr Automatic from a chap in Brighton and need some parts. The previous owner reversed it into a pole in an underground carpark (twice!) and smashed the rear numberplate light unit to pieces. This wrecked the outer door skin and also put a decent ding in the rear bumper. I should be able to knock the bumper back into good shape but the tailgate is much worse. It's the top hinged type.
    The electrics and glass are fine but the tailgate window actuator rods and square internal plastic mechanism cover were either bent or broken.
    Anyone got the bits I need so I don't have to do tons of panelbeating? If you have let me know how much you want for them.
    I'm in Dublin Ireland and it's impossible to get the bits here.
    I re-registered the beast today and it cost me €1000 but the real kicker is that the new emission regulations mean that I'll be paying €1300 a year for road tax!!
    I had a 2.4 ltr for years but the engine gave up the ghost eventually and I sold it to a couple of Romanians who exported it to do donkey work pulling felled trees in a forest in their homeland.
    Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions.

Unfortunatley the bits for these 3rd gen surfs are like rocking horse sh**e. Think your only chance is if someones breaking one. I know there was a crash damaged one for £900 that was getting broke under "parts/cars for sale".

I think I'd be getting rid if the road tax is that much. £185 quid here in England and I begrudge that....

Comment

Thanks Kev, I saw the one you mentioned but don't know if it's being broken just yet. If anyone has any info on it let me know. I'll let this truck go when they pry my cold dead fingers off the wheel. I love these things. Actually I might buy a bigger plot and have them bury me in it (eventually)

Comment

Working...
      X