Red Torsion Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
    When i had the 2" lift kit from roughtrax the torsion bars were red.
    The 2" lift kit don't really make the truck look alot different height wise.
    Mine never actually look lifted at all with thre 2" kit on.
    really? well thats off putting as ive just asked Barry from RT when they will be getting their 2" lift kits back in stock as i was just about to buy it!
    so you say their sus lift kit (the desert fox ones) is pants then?
    i dont want to fork out almost £400 for a lift kit that doesnt look like it has lifted anything! lol

Comment

I don't know what the new kits are like but the old pro comp ones were really shite.The best thing to do is to ask people on here for pics of before and after with the new kits from Barry fitted
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

oooohhh you mean the "old kits". i thought you were on about the recent ones
        yeah the desert fox ones seem to be going down well from what a few people on here have said.
        not seen any pics yet tho.....ill have a little ask......

Comment

Not entirely relevant as mine was the LA Supatrux 2" lift kit, but that was also procomps shocks.

Mine is the truck on the left, my sisters totally standard truck is on the right.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Just a quick change of subject.Did you meet Will this morning
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post

Not entirely relevant as mine was the LA Supatrux 2" lift kit, but that was also procomps shocks.

Mine is the truck on the left, my sisters totally standard truck is on the right.
              hello Maverick. not trying to pi$$ on your fire on anything like that but the gap between the tyres and arches on both the trucks look the same?

and yes i did thanks Rich. see other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                hello Maverick. not trying to pi$$ on your fire on anything like that but the gap between the tyres and arches on both the trucks look the same?

and yes i did thanks Rich. see other thread.
                They are very close (maily due to all the stuff! I carry in my boot).
                You'll notice that my front bumper is about 1/2 to 1" higher than my sisters. The difference is not that great, but getting stiffer shocks made a world of difference to the road holding and to her handleing off road.

Unfortunatley I don't know how hard the Dessert Fox shocks are, but I thought the picture might give you some idea of what a 2" lift actually looks like (not 2").
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

thanks for that Maverick. i can see the bonnet and roof it higher....its just the gap in the arches that still look tha same. must just be funny camera angle lol

back to my other post.... im now totaly gazumped as to what to do now?
                  i dont want to buy the new lift kit from RT if i already have uprated torsion bars on my surf....or is it still worth replacing them anyway if i buy the new lift kit??

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                    but getting stiffer shocks made a world of difference to the road holding and to her handleing off road.
                    Replacing the shocks with something a bit stiffer than the standard ones makes one hell of a difference, doesn't it. That's why I always suggest people replace the shocks before removing the ARB's, if they are that way inclined. It would be like wrestling a pregnant Hippo otherwise.

Comment

Check the thickness of the torsion bars, if they are the same thickness as the splined ends then they are the uprated and you don't need to change them (just wind them up a bit). If however they tapper in to a smaller diameter then widen out at the other end then they are standard.

You can still use the standard torsion bars in a lift (just wind them up) but the uprated ones are stiffer and give better handleing, less body roll.
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

ill have a another look later but i think they do flare out at the ends. well at least the end i can see through the wheel arch.
                        so the standard ones are red aswell then?

Comment

so the standard ones are red aswell then?
                          Nope. They're black.

Comment

well mine are red!!?? lol
                            give me 10 mins and ill take a pic. i might be looking at something else! haha

Comment

well mine are red!!?? lol
                              give me 10 mins and ill take a pic. i might be looking at something else! haha
                              The other uprated torsion bars which Rtrax used to sell, (Procomp?), were red. The Desert Fox ones are black. OEM are black. The red ones could be a different brand sold by someone else. There's no real way to say what they are if there are no identification marks on them. It would appear they aren't the stock bars on yours, but what are they is the question.

Comment

this pic (^) is to show the gap in the arch with 31" kumhos fitted if this helps?

Comment

Working...
                                X