Red Torsion Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Torsion Bars

Started stripping down the scrapper today and noted that the torsion bars look brand spanking new. They are red in colour and unfortunately the manufacturers label has peeled off. Any idea who they are made by??

They are not standard because I got the micrometer out and they are 3mm thicker than standard. The truck has +2" springs on the back, 2" body lift and I can only guess that it is the tortion bars lifting the front because the wishbones etc look standard. The drive shafts are not at an excessively silly angle either. Maybe the diff has been dropped to compensate but the ground was swimming and I didn't want to roll in the wet.
    It's only a hobby!

they sound like the uprated torsion bars as sold by roughtrax.

any good bits on the scrapper?
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post

I have bagged the imitation split rim alloys for mine and the most perfect chromed rear bumper quarters. The bits sold so far are:

The front drive shafts, front prop, the 2" bodylift kit (I can't use it because my truck wouldn't fit in the garage) the interior mirror, the front bumper, the grille, the front wings, NSF wheel arch extension and NSR wheel arch extension, heater matrix, rear window motor and regulator, radiator, drivers seat, rear seat belts and just waiting for somebody to come back about the diesel timing pump.

It is a shame. The bodywork is flawless, apart from two little dinks about 1/4" dia in the passenger door but being a 2.4 it wasn't worth replacing the cylinder head.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Did you ever get that crash damaged LS400 Phil?

Comment

The red torsion bars are the uprated 2" ones I have them on Lucifer.
          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
            The red torsion bars are the uprated 2" ones I have them on Lucifer.
            can you wind up the uprated ones and get more than 2"?
            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

can you wind up the uprated ones and get more than 2"?
              I did. Then wound them back off when I fitted the BJ spacers to retain reasonable drive shaft angles.
              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

how much more lift (over the 2") were u able to get?
                私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

how much more lift (over the 2") were u able to get?
                  This is after I wound them right up, look at the angles of the lower wishbones this will trash your ball joints.

Then I fitted the bj spacers and wound them back to this. Try and keep your lower wishbones like these or you will just trash ball joints.

I never really took any measerments sorry.
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Did you ever get that crash damaged LS400 Phil?

I had to let it go. I was hoping to blag some space in a mates unit and contribute towards the rent but it didn't work out. The breaker would have been an ideal truck for the Lexus conversion as it was perfectly straight and had never been off road. It is an SSR-X too.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Are the rear springs up for grabs?

Cheers!
                      That'll fit!

Comment

i also have the red torsion bars on the front of my surf.
                        so are these bars giving my surf an extra 2"? because as far as i was aware my "road" surf was totally standard?
                        the rear all looks like standard stuff so im puzzled as to why the front may be lifted and not the rear???
                        who else has these red bars?

Comment

If they are uprated pm me if they are for sale.
                          what colour is the breaker? I'm looking for a grey front n/s wheelarch.
                          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

the ones from RT are black not red. just double checked on their site.

Comment

When i had the 2" lift kit from roughtrax the torsion bars were red.
                              The 2" lift kit don't really make the truck look alot different height wise.
                              Mine never actually look lifted at all with thre 2" kit on.
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X