New Tyres...what a difference!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tyres...what a difference!

I've just had two new rear tyres fitted (General Grabbers), the handling feels much better now...I was getting a little bit of swing out from the rear previously. My old tyres were not bald either, just getting close to minimum.

I had them fitted via Blackcircles and a mobile fitter came to my home. Done in half hour and reasonable price.

Re

I got General Grabber AT2's all around and I think they are brilliant, better than BFG's and half the price!

Comment

I have been running on General Grabber AT2’s for 2 years now and I’m very pleased with them. They grip and handle well and are quiet at motorway speeds.
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Pffft!!!

GG's - the poor mans BFG

The BFGs are the weirdest tyres I've ever had! Been on the truck since last summer and STILL have the injection pips and square shoulders! Are they EVER gonna wear?!?!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
          I have been running on General Grabber AT2’s for 2 years now and I’m very pleased with them. They grip and handle well and are quiet at motorway speeds.
          How many miles have you clocked up on them mate.

EDIT.

Think apache has just made my mind up.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
            3 years on mine, the rears are starting to wear down faster now though.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
              He's still waitin on them building a fuel station within petrol tank range
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

EDIT.

Think apache has just made my mind up.
                Well he is an expert in everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Ta!

I really just got sick of wearing mud tyres out in what felt like 2 weeks, so read all the reviews and chose something that other users reckon can last 60k miles cos I'm a bit tight.

Granted, they did cost a bit more than other similar ones, but I reckon they'll save me money in the long haul.

Funny Vince, I was lying in the bath wondering how I'd get into engineering consultancy - but maybe I should just do everything from, oh, astrology to zoology?

Comment

Reason i ask is because i do around 20,000 miles a year "mostly motorway" but i do go off road ones a week, only grass fields nothing too extravagant.

I want a tyre that lasts forever but is good off road, don't mind paying that bit more for the miles i would get out of them.

EDIT AGAIN.

Apache are you a mind reader.

Comment

Reason i ask is because i do around 20,000 miles a year "mostly motorway" but i do go off road ones a week, only grass fields nothing too extravagant.

I want a tyre that lasts forever but is good off road, don't mind paying that bit more for the miles i would get out of them.
                      I done the Strata Florida/Sarn helen with mine, mostly in 2WD too.
                      BFGs wear in the same way as the Surf's fuel gauge works, you fill the tank and the needle sits at the three quarters to high position for ages, then when you're not looking it shoots down towards empty.

Comment

I done the Strata Florida/Sarn helen with mine, mostly in 2WD too.
                        BFGs wear in the same way as the Surf's fuel gauge works, you fill the tank and the needle sits at the three quarters to high position for ages, then when you're not looking it shoots down towards empty.
                        Now im confused, yes i know it does'nt take much.

Apache recons 60,000, i think thats ok, they would last me about 3 years & for a 4x4 thats not bad going.

Comment

Now im confused, yes i know it does'nt take much.

Apache recons 60,000, i think thats ok, they would last me about 3 years & for a 4x4 thats not bad going.

What ever you go for, make sure you have the white lettering showing and keep it white.

Comment

I've never had them for 60k miles, just going by reviews.

Pretty much everyone reckons they are 10 out of 10 quality tyres with massive mileage potential.

Comment

What ever you go for, make sure you have the white lettering showing and keep it white.
                              I went for black sidewall out!
                              Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              I've never had them for 60k miles, just going by reviews.

Pretty much everyone reckons they are 10 out of 10 quality tyres with massive mileage potential.
                              Mine are doing pretty damn well considering there mt's!

Comment

Working...
                              X